GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default LED Dome Lights: A OR B

Ok, I am purchasing some LED dome bulbs. I wanted to get your opinion.

Option A:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A12ABHQV7FD0WN

Option B:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1THAZDOWP300U

Obviously option B has more individual LEDs, however the reviews give me mixed thoughts.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 LTZ 4x4
    Sun Roof, Navigation, Rhino Bed, Rhino Under, PlastiDip Rear Bumper, PlastiDip Bow Ties, PlastiDip Running Boards, LED Taillights, LED Parking Lamps, LED Interior Dome, LED Turn Arrows, Back-up Camera, Tri-Fold Tonneau, HID 5000K Fogs, Lows

If it were me i'd get both of them, try them out and send the one you don't like back. Worst case it isn't a ton of money to worry about. This way you can make sure you get what you like. I know some places charge a lot more for those

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 4WD/Z71 Crew Cab Gray Green Metallic 6.0 Gas 6spd Auto 3.73 gears, HD locking rear differential. 18"Alum Wheels (Stock) Stock Michelin LTX AT-II Tires, Banks Monster Exhaust, Westin Platinum SS Oval Step Bars, EGR Window Deflectors, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Front and back Weathertech Digitech liners. Factory Remote Start with Onstar App on iPhone.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE Black 4WD 4.2 175,000 Miles all original drivetrain and runs like a champ and no rust or rot!

Quote Originally Posted by Salesguy1980 View Post
    If it were me i'd get both of them, try them out and send the one you don't like back. Worst case it isn't a ton of money to worry about. This way you can make sure you get what you like. I know some places charge a lot more for those
    I ended up going with Option B (same cost due to free shipping). I'll post a review and let you know the results.

I'd go for B. If they don't work good get a high quality brand.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

LED dome bulbs are in. I am happy with the light output. They are definitely brighter than the stock bulbs. Also, they are a true white color (5000K). Overall, I am very happy with them and they were a cheap ($20) upgrade that looks incredible.

Only downfall was I must have over looked the length of the bulbs and ordered 34MM instead of 41MM. No a huge deal, was able to easily modify the prongs to hold the bulbs.

Here are some photos: ** Note: This is not a "true" comparison because I took the comparison photos all on the same side of the truck, and the bulbs were on opposite sides... but you get the gist. If I have time next week I plan to do a true comparison. Also, I took these photos with my phone and it doesn't have a good night time setting. When I do the full comparison, I'll use my digital camera.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120726_205506.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	42251Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120726_205539.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	42252Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120726_205554.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	42253Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LEDvsStock1.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	42254Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LEDvsStock2.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	42255Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LEDvsStock3.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	42256Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LEDvsStock4.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	42257

Holy crap those are way bright. I just did mine with the 3 led's on each. Its bright and doesn't hurt my eyes which is what I really wanted. Here is a few photos for comparison (taken with iphone)

Looks good, nice job!
    Matt

Nice work.... I did mine 2 weeks ago from the pic's option "B" looked like it had 12 LED's not 6? :-( I have six LED's on mine and a 12 LED dome light would be nice.

Looks great, thatll be something ill be changing out once i get home.. good job.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

Hi, My name is Kenny. I am new here but I wanted to welcome everyone to check out my website www.hidautovision.com We have LED Interior bulbs as well as HID Kits for all GM's and all other makes and models too!! If you have any questions let me know and I will definitely help you out.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by