GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver8817 View Post
    well i went with the ebay light kit with headlights and running lights all clear and not projector .. so far i love the the fit great .. the only issue i encountered was the adjusters where not of the best quality but they were placed correctly .. i also got a 5000k hid and its amazing
    The adjusters was one problem I had on my headlights. They aren't exactly made like the stock ones and are more flimsy (mine were plastic 7mm adjusting nut heads). To fix that, I canabalized the stock headlights and put all the black plastic adjusters from the stocks on the back side of the clears and that has solved my nightmares. Had to use a little JB Weld in some places too.

Didn't take long to do. If you can get some pictures of what it now looks like so we can bask in the glory that'd be awesome

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

the only other thing is there is no bulb gaurd and the lenses are all clear so the have no ridges on the low beam so they may be blinding to ppl but idk ..

Thats with any HIDs in a stock style headlight. A projector lens if I remember correctly with focus all of the light onto the road in a well dispersed pattern. With the convex lenses HIDs work the best I believe. It will cut down on the glare to other motorists which I'm not too fond of.

I put HID's in my low beams on my 2000 Silverado about 2 months ago and I got OEM replacement headlight cases from Cert-I-Fit and my cases have all the ridges in the lenses; In the last 2 months I have not had anyone get pissed at me about the HID's becasue the ridges in the lens change the dispersement of the light.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	019.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	43036Click image for larger version. 

Name:	021.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	43037Click image for larger version. 

Name:	023.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	43038Click image for larger version. 

Name:	025.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	43039

the pics arent the best quality because they were from my phone
    Btw i cant wait to plow some snow with these !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12