GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Buckets Available?

Were buckets available for the c/k trucks in the 80's? If so is there a bracket from the factory for them? In a previous thread of mine i was saying how i was gonna put buckets in my truck, after i pulled the bench out i realized that the buckets would not bolt in.
    Matt
    1987 GMC Sierra Classic 5.7TBI

Buckets were available back to the mid 70's in GM trucks. I'm told they found their way into GMC trucks more often than Chevy trucks. They werent a common seating arrangement for trucks back then.
    Look at F/S Blazers from the 80's, they share the front floor pan layout with your truck and almost always came with buckets. A local wrecking yard would be a good source for the parts, since their interior parts you stand a good chance of finding them in good shape without all the corrosion exterior parts suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Buckets were available back to the mid 70's in GM trucks. I'm told they found their way into GMC trucks more often than Chevy trucks. They werent a common seating arrangement for trucks back then.
    Look at F/S Blazers from the 80's, they share the front floor pan layout with your truck and almost always came with buckets. A local wrecking yard would be a good source for the parts, since their interior parts you stand a good chance of finding them in good shape without all the corrosion exterior parts suffered.
    thank you very much. i am gonna try to get the the salvage yard this weekend

An old K5 Blazer would be a great start....up to probably 88 or so.

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Quote Originally Posted by Cableguy View Post
    An old K5 Blazer would be a great start....up to probably 88 or so.
    that just helped me narrow it down alot more

ok, i didnt find the bracket that i needed but found some seat tracks i could modify(possibly) to work for what i need. and as you said cableguy it was on a K5, you deff know what you are talking about. you saved me ALOT of work *bows down*

ok a late update. I got the seats bolted in with a little bit of modification, I will post up pictures tomorrow my cell phone fried tody