GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default How about this...

I have a question, mostly for you guys on here.
    Do you let anybody else drive your truck? Girlfriends/wives, buddies, etc?

Not many people are allowed to drive mine, but a few people can if I feel they're worthy of it ;)
    I'm just curious as to how you are haha.
    My name is Lexi:)
    I have a 2001 Silverado
    for haulin' to rodeos to barrel race!
    Bigger and Faster is better!
    **TRUCK YEAHH!!**

Ill let her drive in to the hospital for work which is 3 miles from our house and i drive her car(that i bought)40 miles a day to work and back...BUT THATS IT!

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    Factory Black Running Boards
    BF Goodrich All-Terrain KO's(265/65R18)
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    Bowtie Mud Flaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    DeeZee Toolbox(Debadged)
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Bigger Tires
    Aftermarket Rims

My father could drive mine if he had a need ... but he has his own truck. Beyond that, no one else drives my vehicle. Perhaps if I had a significant other and she had a definitive need she'd be permitted to drive ... maybe.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 07-23-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Really?? My best friend has a 2006 Duramax with a programmer, exhaust, etc. Super clean truck. I get to drive it pretty much whenever. I'm surprised that you guys don't let many people drive your babies!
    My name is Lexi:)
    I have a 2001 Silverado
    for haulin' to rodeos to barrel race!
    Bigger and Faster is better!
    **TRUCK YEAHH!!**

Why are you surprised? Most of the people I know would have no need to borrow my ride ... and no reason to drive it.

I'm not as picky on my truck, but my Camaro is a whole different story. I've had it almost two years and I still am the only one who has driven it in that time period. I'd let my dad drive it if he asked but he hasn't. Most of my friends don't know how to drive stick either and I woudn't teach them in that car.
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

Jr. Apprentice

My truck is nowhere near new, and not fancy in the least. But no, no one else drives him. My wife can't drive a clutch and that works out to my benefit. Daddy's big truck

Mine is available, if wife/3 daughters/their husbands/and a few friends want it, no one ever does, the girls all think it's too big.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

eh, i let my wife drive mine, but thats more out of necessity. (just have the truck) she dosnt overly like it due to the size, having driven small cars all her life.
    im fairly picky about who i let drive my stuff, my wife, my dad, brother, maybe the one neighbor i know real well.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

They can......Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9401.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	42172 Kidding..... Depends If they put Gas into it... Wife is 800 miles away in IL
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast