GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    They can......Attachment 42172 Kidding..... Depends If they put Gas into it... Wife is 800 miles away in IL
    I'll refrain from comment about whether I'd let them drive my truck, as this is a PG-13 site -- even if that's alcohol in those dispensers...

I'm picky but will let a good neighbor drive it or one of my good friends. The wife thinks it's too big and only drives it to move it out of the driveway.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

I'll let only the people i trust drive it ie. family and some friends but its usually when I can't. My girlfriend is afraid to drive it. Says its too big

Well that's a tough one. I would let my best friend of 26 years and also my gf reluctantly, but outside of that probably not. I guess if some of my family members had a need to I would. I have let my cousin drive it so only those I really trusted. But just the thought kinda scares me.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

I'd let my father drive mine, he drives a 2012 yukon xl 2500 so my rig is not much bigger than his. My wife wants nothing to do with it, says its too big and tough to park. Fine by me lol, I have let my brother drive it but only under my watchful eye

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 4WD/Z71 Crew Cab Gray Green Metallic 6.0 Gas 6spd Auto 3.73 gears, HD locking rear differential. 18"Alum Wheels (Stock) Stock Michelin LTX AT-II Tires, Banks Monster Exhaust, Westin Platinum SS Oval Step Bars, EGR Window Deflectors, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Front and back Weathertech Digitech liners. Factory Remote Start with Onstar App on iPhone.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE Black 4WD 4.2 175,000 Miles all original drivetrain and runs like a champ and no rust or rot!

I have never let my wife drive any of my trucks..by her choice as well. She only has experience driving her small cars and once did drivers training on a LMTV (new style 5-ton) while she was still in. I am sure she could drive at least on the interstate but she has no desire to. BTW No one else has driven my truck either...

Crazy back story to this topic, When I was in Korea she called me one day and was like " hey do you think I can drive your truck today? I was like..hmm no I don't think your ready. That day she hit a truck with left front of her car.. called me and told me about it. Minor fender bender nobody hurt, so I was like and you wanted to drive my truck.. the very next day, same parking lot, she hit a light pole on the front right... so in two days she busted out both headlights and small crease in hood...ever since then she hasn't had any desire to drive my truck..

2007 Silverado 1500 LT Ext Cab 4.8l, 2007 Suzuki XL-7, 2012 H-D Sportster "Seventy-Two"

The only girl to ever drive any of my vehicles was a d1 drifter and she was in my 240. Other than my dad no one else has driven any of my vehicles. They got there own car to drive why let them beat mine up. Plus my girl can't drive stick and is to scared to learn on any of my vehicles so that leaves my silverado and that's to big for her. Even though she is always trying to drive my cummins around the farm. Maybe I'll let her one day so she can learn standard
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Quote Originally Posted by SupplySgt View Post
    I'm not as picky on my truck, but my Camaro is a whole different story. I've had it almost two years and I still am the only one who has driven it in that time period. I'd let my dad drive it if he asked but he hasn't. Most of my friends don't know how to drive stick either and I woudn't teach them in that car.

What camero do you have. I got to drive the zl1 at a track day last week. I might finally have found a car that I can replace with my track car it's. Getting sick of fords and there bs alternator and differentials
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Master Mechanic

I know you said this was mostly for the guys but girl's can be control freaks about their rides too
    When my BF and I go somewhere and take my truck he drives, that's just how it is. He accommodates my craziness by avoiding puddles, other than that no one really bothers to ask me to borrow my truck. It might be because I whine to much about it getting dirty, scratched, or dinged up.

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by MoBillyAla View Post
    I have never let my wife drive any of my trucks..by her choice as well. She only has experience driving her small cars and once did drivers training on a LMTV (new style 5-ton) while she was still in. I am sure she could drive at least on the interstate but she has no desire to. BTW No one else has driven my truck either...

Crazy back story to this topic, When I was in Korea she called me one day and was like " hey do you think I can drive your truck today? I was like..hmm no I don't think your ready. That day she hit a truck with left front of her car.. called me and told me about it. Minor fender bender nobody hurt, so I was like and you wanted to drive my truck.. the very next day, same parking lot, she hit a light pole on the front right... so in two days she busted out both headlights and small crease in hood...ever since then she hasn't had any desire to drive my truck..

Seems like a lot of risk letting her behind the wheel; bad luck or bad driving either way...You may shed some tears if she drove your truck.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast