GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 Last Post byLast Post by

My 16yr old daughter does. I figured if she gets in an accident she is safer in it than the women’s leased kia with a thousand and one air bags. She goes on no roads more than 35mph anyway.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

My girlfriend gets to drive me home in mine when I am drunk.

Or on long road trips when I am tired.

She is a good driver, drives 2500s and F-250s for work.

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

My wife drives the truck. my daughter sort of drives the truck (shes 5). Cant say I have a problem letting people I know drive it, but there are definately people I know I wouldnt let drive it.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

i should have said my wife can handle it fine on the interstate and so on(the 05 anyway, hasnt driven the new one the interstate yet) but in town and in parking lot she dosnt like it as much due to the size. i evne found myself a few times wondering just how far the fenders stick out on the 11. my 03 and 05 were basically the same truck, so those were fine, since i was used to em, the 11 is taking a bit.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    Thats sweet. The t56 is a nice tranny have it in the cobras. And hydraulic clutches are difficult. I'd only use it if ur crammed for space
    It's not so much difficult (actually my current mechanical clutch requires more force than most hydraulic clutches I've had), but there's a lot more variation on how hydraulic clutches are set. Plus it's just another part to break.
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    i should have said my wife can handle it fine on the interstate
    How naughty...

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    but in town and in parking lot she dosnt like it as much due to the size
    Too much info....

dear lord surreal, that made me crack up.

Alex

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTechRaider View Post
    I have full coverage on my vehicles, I don't mind if anyone drives the Tahoe, it sits anyways and never really moves. My new Cruze well I really don't care but the Silverado.. You really have to be on my good side for me to let you drive her and if you mess up just once kiss the keys goodbye to her and every other vehicle I own forever. Seriously though, we'll have problems if something happens!
    @AMac hurry this is your chance, grab Surreals truck and bring it to Texas! We can make a party out of it!
    Haha...anyone who passes me their keys would have their vehicle in good hands. If I'm paying for the gas/diesel I'll drive slow to attain the best fuel economy, I'm aware of drivers around me, I won't get it dirty, I won't park it next to a bunch of beat up cars/trucks, and if I think it's dirty I'll likely detail it for you too

My wife has driven my truck a few times. My cousin drove it once. The only reason he was driving was because we were on a road trip and I had just got done working a 12 hr night shift. The wife doesn't like to drive it "cause it"s to big" she also doesn't want to have to come home and tell me she dented it in anyway.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Quote Originally Posted by SupplySgt View Post
    It's not so much difficult (actually my current mechanical clutch requires more force than most hydraulic clutches I've had), but there's a lot more variation on how hydraulic clutches are set. Plus it's just another part to break.

My Richmond 5speed came with one, they self adjust i so it was no issue but it made me have to cut on some of my tranny hump. it's as stiff as my cobra which isnt something you wanna drive in downtown atlanta around 5
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 Last Post byLast Post by