GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Hybrid View

Default How about this...

I have a question, mostly for you guys on here.
    Do you let anybody else drive your truck? Girlfriends/wives, buddies, etc?

Not many people are allowed to drive mine, but a few people can if I feel they're worthy of it ;)
    I'm just curious as to how you are haha.
    My name is Lexi:)
    I have a 2001 Silverado
    for haulin' to rodeos to barrel race!
    Bigger and Faster is better!
    **TRUCK YEAHH!!**

Ill let her drive in to the hospital for work which is 3 miles from our house and i drive her car(that i bought)40 miles a day to work and back...BUT THATS IT!

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

My father could drive mine if he had a need ... but he has his own truck. Beyond that, no one else drives my vehicle. Perhaps if I had a significant other and she had a definitive need she'd be permitted to drive ... maybe.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 07-23-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Really?? My best friend has a 2006 Duramax with a programmer, exhaust, etc. Super clean truck. I get to drive it pretty much whenever. I'm surprised that you guys don't let many people drive your babies!

Why are you surprised? Most of the people I know would have no need to borrow my ride ... and no reason to drive it.

I'm not as picky on my truck, but my Camaro is a whole different story. I've had it almost two years and I still am the only one who has driven it in that time period. I'd let my dad drive it if he asked but he hasn't. Most of my friends don't know how to drive stick either and I woudn't teach them in that car.
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

Jr. Apprentice

My truck is nowhere near new, and not fancy in the least. But no, no one else drives him. My wife can't drive a clutch and that works out to my benefit. Daddy's big truck

Quote Originally Posted by SupplySgt View Post
    I'm not as picky on my truck, but my Camaro is a whole different story. I've had it almost two years and I still am the only one who has driven it in that time period. I'd let my dad drive it if he asked but he hasn't. Most of my friends don't know how to drive stick either and I woudn't teach them in that car.

What camero do you have. I got to drive the zl1 at a track day last week. I might finally have found a car that I can replace with my track car it's. Getting sick of fords and there bs alternator and differentials
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Master Mechanic

I know you said this was mostly for the guys but girl's can be control freaks about their rides too
    When my BF and I go somewhere and take my truck he drives, that's just how it is. He accommodates my craziness by avoiding puddles, other than that no one really bothers to ask me to borrow my truck. It might be because I whine to much about it getting dirty, scratched, or dinged up.

I have full coverage on my vehicles, I don't mind if anyone drives the Tahoe, it sits anyways and never really moves. My new Cruze well I really don't care but the Silverado.. You really have to be on my good side for me to let you drive her and if you mess up just once kiss the keys goodbye to her and every other vehicle I own forever. Seriously though, we'll have problems if something happens!
    @AMac hurry this is your chance, grab Surreals truck and bring it to Texas! We can make a party out of it!

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by