GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

looks good man.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Looks good! I plan on putting some HID's in my truck. I just installed LED dome lights (check out the lighting forums).

Also, glad to see another volley on the site. I'm a volunteer up here in NY. You a member of elightbars?
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 LTZ 4x4
    Sun Roof, Navigation, Rhino Bed, Rhino Under, PlastiDip Rear Bumper, PlastiDip Bow Ties, PlastiDip Running Boards, LED Taillights, LED Parking Lamps, LED Interior Dome, LED Turn Arrows, Back-up Camera, Tri-Fold Tonneau, HID 5000K Fogs, Lows

Master Mechanic TritonBoulder47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ffdsmokeeater View Post
    Looks good! I plan on putting some HID's in my truck. I just installed LED dome lights (check out the lighting forums).

Also, glad to see another volley on the site. I'm a volunteer up here in NY. You a member of elightbars?
    Of course... Been a member there longer than I have here... lol

Tim a.k.a. Da' Boulder

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 - Custom Emergency Response POV

Firefighter, Fire Policeman, Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Emergency Lighting Installer

Tint, 20's, Bull Bar, Intake, Exhaust, Billet Grill, Stereo, Custom Console, Emergency Equipment, and the list goes on...

Blog Entries

Very nice, I should be getting mine in within the next two weeks. I went with 55W 5000k lows, and 35W 5000k fogs, I wanted the whitest light ever without having any blue or yellow involved

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, there is no need to embarrass him."

2012 Silverado 1500 Texas Edition 4x4 LT skid plate, 5000k 55W low beams with DRL fuse removed, 5000k 35W fog lamps.

Leveling kit and tires coming soon.

Leaving for boot camp at MCRDSD 20121008.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonBoulder47 View Post
    As in my emergency lights...?

That is awesome. No one can say that they did not see you coming!

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I love the HID upgrade, I did my low beams about 2 months ago, but went with 35w 6000k and they work great. I do have a question though, where do you get the lights for the side mirrors? I am not necessarily looking for strobes, but I want white (6000k) that I can turn on when out in the country?

And I was thinking about upgrading to 55w balists.

Master Mechanic TritonBoulder47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ridyn View Post
    Very nice, I should be getting mine in within the next two weeks. I went with 55W 5000k lows, and 35W 5000k fogs, I wanted the whitest light ever without having any blue or yellow involved
    But since you went with 2 different wattages, the colors most likely won't match...

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    I love the HID upgrade, I did my low beams about 2 months ago, but went with 35w 6000k and they work great. I do have a question though, where do you get the lights for the side mirrors? I am not necessarily looking for strobes, but I want white (6000k) that I can turn on when out in the country?

And I was thinking about upgrading to 55w balists.
    They are called MirrorBeams and they are made by Whelen...

Tim a.k.a. Da' Boulder

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 - Custom Emergency Response POV

Firefighter, Fire Policeman, Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Emergency Lighting Installer

Tint, 20's, Bull Bar, Intake, Exhaust, Billet Grill, Stereo, Custom Console, Emergency Equipment, and the list goes on...

Quote Originally Posted by TritonBoulder47 View Post
    As in my emergency lights...?

Holy camel dude. I don't think I have even seen an actual fire apparatus with all of that.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Oh well the Mirror beams from whelen have been discontinued for model years 2000-2005....:-( wonder were I can find a set.

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    Oh well the Mirror beams from whelen have been discontinued for model years 2000-2005....:-( wonder were I can find a set.
    On an EMS vehicle, I suspect. Just how brave are you?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast