GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Removal of ABS on a 94 Suburban

I am wanting to get rid of the ABS in my 94 1500.Has anyone done this ? Any help would be great.Thanks

Pull the fuse. The brakes will not operate any differently other than any other vehicle without ABS.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Thanks. I was thinking getting rid of that small anchor on the drivers side inner fender.Can I use the same master cylinder ?

That I don't know. I don't know that I would be in a hurry to remove the module. You might run into complications. I would guess that you probably will have to replace the master cylinder as well.

2nd the full the fuze
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

I had a '96 and pulling the fuse solved the problems I had. Leave the module, removing it is not worth the work, or the time.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

So I will be pulling the fuse for now..Thanks