GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2009 Silverado- Replace factory stereo with Nav/Bluetooth System

Looking for advice to replace factory stereo myself to save a few $. My truck is an 2009 extended cab LT (no bells or whistles, just a work truck) I would like to put in a nav system if possible, and would very much like bluetooth capabilities so i can talk hands free and play music with my Iphone. What are the compatible brands out there? Is there a simple plug and play system i can buy and easily install? Or should i be preparing myself to also have to buy numerous adaptors and wiring harnesses to make everything fit and work correctly? Im not concerned with XM/Sirius or Onstar, i will probably never subscribe to their services. I just want a nice display system that has the above capabilities (and plays the radio stations)!

I have the factory nav in my '09 truck, and it is very nice. It is also Bose 5.1 and it sounds very good.

However, it does not have bluetooth. I play external music through an aux jack.

Hands-free however, is not a function of the radio. It should be part of your Onstar (actually, it is hard to separate Onstar from the radio, as it requires the radio to work).

You should be able to pair your cell phone to the Onstar system and use the Onstar controls and Onstar phone directory.

The '09 versions of the GM nav radio use a cd to contain map info, an update is available from time to time, but at a cost.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

I just bought my wife a Kenwood DNX6990 ( I think that is what it was). It has all the stuff you wanted and we have no complaints. If you don't want any of the extra stuff like onstar and XM than it will reduce what you will need. The only issue is that the chimes and other sounds play through the radio. So you will need one extra harness for those. If you go to Crutchfield.com they will be able to tell you exactly what you need.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18