GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by
    Blog Entries

looks good, whats the deal with the daystar leveling kit? Is it pretty sweet?

2000 Silverado, 4.8L, LS
    3" Dynomax cat back exhaust
    Drop-in K&N air filter
    200 amp Nations alternator
    KYB GR2 Shocks
    Bluetooth OBD2 adapter with Torque App on Samsung Note 2
    Custom Stereo System l Pioneer/ Boss door Speakers l 1200 watt Performance Teknique amp l 1 farad capacitor l 2 12" kicker comp subwoofers
    Slider rear window l Locking tailgate, de-baged l 265/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler H/L tires l Fully synthetic oil l Tinted windows
    4l65e upgrades - five pinion planetaries l HD sun shell l high performance band

Yea, I mean....you can tell a difference from factory cause it doesn't have that nose-diving look 2wds are known for, but as far as helping stuff bigger tires under it...psssst...go with a lift. I tried putting my buddies Fuel 18s on there and nah man....they scrub bad. I really want to get a little bit of a lift, so I could get 18s on it. Also, it was a pita to put on cause of the springs. I guess if you had the right tools it wouldnt be bad at all but just a lil home garage type job, not good idea....but it dont look too bad. Break less front valences :P

JB
    Jville Lean
    Why Squat when you can Lean?

2001 Chevrolet Silverado Stepside:
    Gibson side exhaust, Airaid CAI, Daystar Leveling kit, Diablosport Predator, Deezee Black Bull bar, KC Daylighters, GT styling smoked headlight covers, Wilson 2 meter, Uniden VHF, Radioshak Whip antenna, 5% tint all around, Sony Xplode radio, blacked out bow tie and 3rd brake light...More to come REAL soon
    :fighting0040:

Just saying.....it takes A LONG TIME to scroll all the way down to the bottom

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

No one made you read it lol.

Haha good point

Blog Entries

right on. I remember something about the best option for leveling is spacers and torsion keys combined. Does anyone know if thats still the case?

Idk about all that but I do know...that the new suspension lift from Rough Country for the 2wd Chevys (hopefully to be seen on my truck in the next few months paycheck permitting ) comes with the spacers and the lifted knuckles...which when i do get it, I might would try for the Carolina Squat look and put just the knuckles and spacers on and not the back part of the lift...Just to see how it looks...probably not level but it will make the front higher

Wow its been a time n a half since i posted on here lol. well not much has changed on the truck....I bought a 2012 Rancher back in May and have been working on that beast and now my father and i have been building a garage for my ATVs so my truck has been kinda put on the back burner...I have however in the midst of the holidays got a few christmas presents for myself.

Black taillight covers
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	black taillights.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	47674

did these last night....camo door panels

Name:	drivers door.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	47675

Name:	pass side door.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	47676

and here are a few random pics of the truck over the past 4 months....

Name:	chevy life.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	47677

Name:	clean with a lil lean.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	47678

Name:	play in dirt.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	47679

Name:	top rated.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	47680

Well I know this thread is wayyyy on down the line now but I have done a few more things to the truck might put some more pics up tomorrow afternoon. Put in new matching camo headliner to match the door panels, built my own custom camo wrapped 12" sub box that fits pretty darn good behind the seat, and got the windshield strip/banner put on. I know I said I'd be getting the RC lift kit but instead I started building a garage so moneys been kind of tight. But I found some 3" lifted knuckles on EBay and was wondering if y'all thought it would be a pretty decent purchase...I mean I want the lift but for $230 it should be pretty good. Normally I don't get stuff on eBay so just wondering. Thanks for looking...again lol

Wow so just a huge update lol....I put my truck on the back burner this spring and summer because I had to pay for class and pay for my other expensive a$$ habit, my 2012 honda rancher 420 4x4. Anyways...here is a pic by pic update of how she is coming along...

first thing....camoflauge head liner and camo sub box...

You cant see the sub box in that pic because its behind the seat but here it is...

Next I went back and forth between what to do next and how "cheaply" it was going to be...
    I ended up demolding it and putting the light covers back on for a while then they come off and so on and so forth...

^^After I had just taken the molding off and just washed it, it started raining -__-

My father's white 03 single cab wt and my black 01 single cab stepside

Next I painted the plastic parts of the front bumper black to match the truck...

The next thing to come kind of just fell in my lap...I am honestly in debt up to my eye balls between school and my ATV. I dont owe anything on the truck and havent put anything that was really expensive on it in a while. I keep trying to make it better because i want to keep it and not get rid of it. I had paid off the majority of my credit card and got one of my "oh what the hell, lets spend it!" moods. I looked through Rough Country's website and no one elses. I found the 4.5" RC suspension lift for 99-06 Chevy 2wds for 599.99 plus shipping. I ordered 8/30 and it was here thursday, to my surprise lol...long story.

Now, Not to piss in anyone's cheerio's...but i am a fan of the Carolina Squat look. There are some really really clean trucks that go down that road and i know i'm some what of a conformist, seeing as how i live in NC...but its what all my friends are doing and i have not seen a 2wd chevy stepside single cab squat...so guess what....

Old spindle vs new spindle

New springs

And...she's squattin

Just to remind yall...This is my truck, yall didnt pay for it, i have restored this truck after it was totalled, i am the one that has to drive it. you will hardly see it, unless you like it or live in Jacksonville, NC, so you if you want to trash talk it, go ahead but dont get butt hurt when i dont do things your way. Comments and opinions welcome, will post more pics on here later tonight if i get a chance. Sorry to leave the ones who want to see more hanging but i have to go get ready for work, already runnin late lol. Thanks for looking.

11. Likes McClintoc liked this post