GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Fellow '01 owner here. Good looking truck. It's coming along nicely. You're putting money into yours like I am into mine. It's fun to see how long we can keep them going.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

where did you find the camo headliner and door panels??

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

When are you going to camo the seats?

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Have to say the headline says it right You are in it for the Long houl.. And it shows Great work... keep it up
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Appreciate it @McClintoc
    @Pikey- I got the camo door panel material from Hancocks in Jacksonville, but its just regular Mossy Oak Infinity Break Up material...can find it around hunting season a lot. I got the idea from a guy on Carolina Squat's facebook after he posted a picture of his Z's interior being all Mossy Oak duck/marsh camo...
    @stchman- Funny you mention that...My parents asked what I wanted for christmas and I told them Mossy Oak Infinity Break Up seat covers, steering wheel cover, and floor mats lol. So hopefully christmas will be a promising time for the seats. I would have just recovered the seats in camo but that takes a lot of material and I have never recovered seats and the material is so thin that I bought I'm sure it would rip...
    @Enkeiavalanche- appreciate it! I try to do the best I can but it seems to take twice as long for me to get things the way I want opposed to my friends which is perfectly ok just aggravating at times...if you think I'm doin attention to detail on this...You should see my Rancher lol...its damn near perfect lmao

Thanks for y'alls opinions and feedback :D Pics comin in 5 minutes or less...litterally unless we get busy lol

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I forgot @McClintoc...I had to order the headliner material online which it honestly needs to be redone due to me not leaving enough overhang on the ends and it sags a little towards the back on the passenger side and thats because i didnt get all the foamy stuff off...we did the headliner in my dad's F-superduty dump truck and it is PERFECT...

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so some more pics of the finished product...the ground to fender measurement was 38.5" I think...one of my buddy's was telling me that 35s would fit and we argued a bit and measured n yada yada lol sorry I did not take before measurements...I was just excited I was getting a lift kit lmao.

Fixing our first problem...

With the light covers on...

And yea I know I need an alignment baddd

And these are some pics I put on instagram and facebook with filters lol

Posted up next to my buddy's Z71 with about 8-10" of total lift...mine still looks like a lil play toy next to his

And this is a normal comaprison of how low mine sat when I first got it. Next to my dad's bone stock 03 2wd w/t.

I don't remember if I had mentioned this in the first post today or not, but I had a 2" Daystar leveling kit (spacers) on it before I put the lift kit on, and still do. So, it's a total of 6.5" lifted from the stock height. I still have the 3" blocks to go in the back but I'm still not certain if I'll put them on or not. Some of my buddies are trying to talk me into putting drop shackles on the back but I told them no or at least not until I put 33's or 35's on it and see how it looks.

One last pic ;)

Lay'd back livin' lol hope yall enjoy

JB
    Jville Lean
    Why Squat when you can Lean?

2001 Chevrolet Silverado Stepside:
    Gibson side exhaust, Airaid CAI, Daystar Leveling kit, Diablosport Predator, Deezee Black Bull bar, KC Daylighters, GT styling smoked headlight covers, Wilson 2 meter, Uniden VHF, Radioshak Whip antenna, 5% tint all around, Sony Xplode radio, blacked out bow tie and 3rd brake light...More to come REAL soon
    :fighting0040:

3 and a half months later and i have another update lol I was looking to get 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers but that was just too far out of reach financially. I went to a little parking lot meet with about 5 trucks there and someone smarted off "when you gonna get some tires?"...I proceeded to tell them my truck wasn't sponsored by mommy and daddy like most of theirs were but a guy i didn't know spoke up and said he knew a couple people selling tires. I jotted down a few peoples phone numbers and the next morning i was heading to work with a set of NBS GMC 17" rims and 33" Cooper STTs with about 1/3 tread on them...$400!! To me thats a steal and the tires are in a lot better shape than the ones i have had for two years. I can save up some money this summer and buy two matching tires at a time until i get a whole set of new ones but its ok because like i said these have pretty good life left in them anyways. Since i have got these put on i have taken tons of pictures because i absolutely love my truck now...

Heres just a few of them...

I was thinking about putting the blocks in the back to level her out but i still havent made that decision yet lol. Next year/this year/2014...I plan on fixing the headliner, getting a center console, getting new tires or used ones...and finally i want to get custom duals because im not a big fan of them showing...I want to straight pipe it with high flow cats and have them turn down right before the rearend...with 3" tips

Thanks for keeping up with the extremely slow progress guys...appreciate all comments and all the help!!

7. Likes McClintoc liked this post

Man, you have really done a job on your truck!! I didn't think I would like the squat look, but it's COOL! Of course, I think if you brought the ass up 3", that would be great, too. I hope you keep your truck forever, man. That would be the coolest ride of all when you are in your 30's, 40's, etc....havin' the first truck you ever bought. Good job on it all. I have an '01 1500 Stepper, but with x-cab in 4x4. It is an LT, and a work in progress, and I love it.
    Las Vegas, NV...2001 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Stepside X-cab, 171,000 miles, 5.3, cat-back duals, leveling kit, 3.73, 17" rims, more to come...

It looked good before. It looks even better now with those wheels/tires!

Appreciate all the positive feedback guys Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when someone appreciates the hard work, long hours, and tons of money I or anyone puts into their car/truck. I really can't wait to work on it some more and see how much farther I can go and keep all the good vibes coming lol

Anyways I would still love to find some 35" Mud Graps for her and finish the interior so just be patient and I promise there will be more updates during spring/summer/fall lol basically when the comes so will the updates

Thanks again!!

Welp I know yall wont believe this but I'm bout to lay it on ya hot n heavy...hope you can handle it...I have done the unimaginable and grown up lol. What i mean by this is...I put the blocks in the back of the ol stepside about a month ago. The squat thing got tiring and after seeing even some of the first trucks that were squatting level out it was clear that this was the way to go. Heres a few pics of right after the procedure...

Now like I said this is all a lot to take in at once...BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!!! I know right now youre thinking "WTF mate, two updates in less than a year??" oh yea buddy...them tax refunds came in and yeaaaa we got us some tread ;) So them rims and tires I got with 1/4 tread on them were getting pretty low (already low but none the less) and i got really tired of hearing my dads lip and everyone elses sayin you need new tires blah blah...well i got some alright ;)

Thats right homies ;) as of 2/27/14 35x1250x17 Nitto Mud Grapplers, straight from the factory for $1300.00+ She is beautiful sitting in the driveway and oh does she love to howl now :D couldnt be anymore pleased...
    (yes once again these are instagram photos and have been editted, i will post uneditted pics for any non believers)

pullin out the shop

Personal favorite picture of her thus far

And heres a little throwback thursday that went up on insta and i know it aint thursday but its still a comparison of when she was just a crumpled beer can in the back yard to the sexy beast she is now

Once again thanks for looking and any negative or positive feedback all is welcome as always...more pics upon request...ill also be posting pics in the black truck picture thread here in a minute

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123