GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Yea yours sounds like it's on par with mine, some years the season can be that way.

Yea it's been a frustrating, depressing season. The boat is for sale

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Back in 96/97 a friend of mine had a new SeaRay Sundancer, dont remember what size but I remember it was a nice boat. They pack a lot of amenities into that hull and while it isnt exactly like being at home when the waves are rocking you and your sitting back relaxing sometimes its much better.
    Theres some new anti fouling paints out that are guarranteed to keep 90% of the barnacles and growth off the hull, but like everything new the price is still extremely high.
    It may be tough to fish off of but it beats sitting on a dock or the shore fishing. If your dock is anything like most of them I've been on over the years it ends up being it's own little community with for the most part good friends and great neighbors.
    Yeah, there are some good guys on the dock near my boat. We've made a few friends just hanging on the dock, and gotten good tips and help in our short time there.

Getting pulled this week for a power wash. I also want to check on my skeg. Hit bottom a couple weeks ago at slow speed which didn't damage the prop, but I'm wondering what the skeg looks like now.
    Last edited by Als09Sierra; 08-07-2012 at 06:59 PM.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Skeg looks ok, no damage and the bottom is now barnacle free. Woo hoo. Unfortunately, I checked the price difference between current day care and new with the 2nd on the way and it's the same as the slip. I may need to move to a mooring or switch to a boat that I can trailer. I actually like the idea of trailering since we could take it with us on vacation, and could go out of different spots locally. I'm just concerned that it will be more work and that we won't get the use out of it to justify the cost. If we trailer, I'd also have to switch to a different boat since the SunDancer is not a boat I'd want to trailer often.

Sr. Mechanic

I have a 2001 Cobia with a 225 Yamaha on the back. Can't get a better motor than that. The only thing we have had to do is usual maintenance every so often but never more than 100-200. You can't let them sit around for over a year and not use it. Why would you buy it if you don't use it?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234