GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Jr. Apprentice

Default 2012 Chevy Colorado 4x4 V8 New Owner Updates

I almost have all the updates done to the new Colorado. The Rollbak bed cover is now installed along with the rear sway bar. The dealer log has been take off of the tailgate and although you can't see it, there is 3M clear mask on the lower rocker panels and fender flairs. The little 5.3 V8 seems to move this truck down the road very well.

Jr. Apprentice

The same 2012 Colorado 4x4 side view. The front license plate bracket has been removed and the holes covered.

looking good man! what else do you have planned?

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post

Alex
    Thanks, I have the OEM bed extender kit to install and maybe some LED backup light bulbs. I was going to use a Diablosport Intune power tuner, but I might not now. I just tried an Edge CTS monitor because the Colorado doesn't have a mileage indicator or voltage and oil pressure guages. As it turns out, the Edge CTS won't work on a 2012 Colorado with a 5.3 V8. That is too bad, because it is a really neat little device. Now I have to deal with getting the vendor to take it back, which at this point they don't seem very happy about. My long range plans are to install a set of headers and a good exhaust system, but only to help out the gas mileage. This truck seems like it has more than enough power for me.

It should have enough power it's got a5.3 in that lil truck. Great looking ride
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you with us.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    It should have enough power it's got a5.3 in that lil truck. Great looking ride
    Thanks, the 5.3 V8 seems smooth and does move this truck. The 4:10 gears are a good match for the tire size. It also seems very good off the pavement and should work quite well for what I like to do. I won't be doing any crazy 4x4 stuff with this truck.

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post

Alex
    I just finished installing the OEM bed extender. I still have to get the Roll-X bed cover adjusted and sealed before this truck is used off road. I need to get some things straightened out with the vendor and Edge because the CTS monitor just won't work on a 2012 Colorado. My long term plans would be for a set off good headers, which I understand that Doug Thorly is making for this truck now and a catback system. I will install a Volant CAI at the same time and that should be it. I think a set of 3:73 gears would make this truck get a little better gas mileage than the 4:10's that it has, but I really like the low end power that the 4:10's give this truck. Thanks for all the support, I am having fun setting this truck up the way I want it!