GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Suburban leans about a inch lower on driver side

Just like in my title says. Doubtful that its the shocks. The leaf springs look ok but i cant tell if they are the cause. I was thinking if it was the body bushings but the frame is leaning too. I don't know whats the real cause or what i should look for. Any help is appreceated

It sounds to me like your Suburban is going down the road with one person in it the majority of the time. If this is not the case disreguard the rest of my response. Because of this it has caused the suspension to only sag on that side. As has been stated in other threads on this forum suspensions will sag over time. But most vehicles sag across both sides and front to back because they will carry more people than just the driver. I had a friend who had this issue with a Ranger he used to have. Hope this helps.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Park it on flat ground and measure frame to ground at a few spots under the truck, then body to ground at the same spots.
    Should be very close to equal from side to side.
    I'm betting you have a suspension sagging issue which isnt uncommon on Suburbans.
    I dont see a model or year listed but another guess would be 1500 series earlier than 2002.
    If its body sagging theres more than a few manufacturers that offer replacement body pucks and they can be installed in an afternoon with normal hand tools.
    If it's suspension sagging then you need new springs, quite a bit of work and I would recommend replacing everything at once not just the ones sagging.

Its the 98 k2500 4x4.
    Last edited by Magadith; 07-29-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Tighten the torsion bar on the drivers side until the distance from the center of the hub cab to the bottom of the fender(straight up). Make both the sides match.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by ippielb View Post
    Tighten the torsion bar on the drivers side until the distance from the center of the hub cab to the bottom of the fender(straight up). Make both the sides match.
    Oh that makes much sense. I will try that.