GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default lets take a SURVEY

, what of all chevy and gmc was the best looking truck. Even if you didn't own one.

OK, i'll jump in. The 1948 through first series '55 models. Best looking trucks GM ever made. Still have a running 6400 Chevrolet here on the place. Owned by my SIL's family for three generations. Faded and beat up but still running today. I once owned a nice "53 GMC 3/4 ton. One of two vehicles I ever owned that I wish I still had today ! Close runner up would be the '67 through "72's. Also have a running "69 Chev C10 on the place, now retired, beat up an rusted but still a classic looking truck. Just my .02, Ken.

I'd have To go with a 56 c10
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

I'd have to go with 94-98 and 99 classics after they redesigned the grille. Ks and Cs

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

i have 2 my 56 chevy wide window with factory overdrive green
    and my 1972 Jimmy red and white.

IMHO the best looking Chevy/GMC truck of all time is the modified Topkick used as Ironhide in the Transformer movies...

Sorry i like chrome and black don't cut it for me

I thought you asked people for their opinions on what the best looking truck was.

Put another way, I don't recall you asking what the best colours and materials used on trucks were ... so I'm surprised that colour and materials play into it, at all, as one could just as easily have the same vehicle in blue with colour-matched trim. (Monroe makes the aftermarket Ironhide version of the Topkick, by the way... so yes, order it in colours and chrome to taste!)
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 07-27-2012 at 08:12 PM.

Like Surreal, I like the bigger trucks,

And, love the SSR, the 6.0 would be a fun toy
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by