GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Single cab with seat conversion?

My buddys and I were working on a Silverado 1500 extended cab with leather interior and it got me thinking....Could you take the center console, passenger seat, and driver seat from an extended cab and put it in a single cab to replace the bench seat? I know it would take a little customizing but I never carry 3 people in my truck any ways and my fold down center console top is broke...Just curious as to if it would work. Thanks

JB
    Jville Lean
    Why Squat when you can Lean?

2001 Chevrolet Silverado Stepside:
    Gibson side exhaust, Airaid CAI, Daystar Leveling kit, Diablosport Predator, Deezee Black Bull bar, KC Daylighters, GT styling smoked headlight covers, Wilson 2 meter, Uniden VHF, Radioshak Whip antenna, 5% tint all around, Sony Xplode radio, blacked out bow tie and 3rd brake light...More to come REAL soon
    :fighting0040:

Quote Originally Posted by 01stepside View Post
    My buddys and I were working on a Silverado 1500 extended cab with leather interior and it got me thinking....Could you take the center console, passenger seat, and driver seat from an extended cab and put it in a single cab to replace the bench seat? I know it would take a little customizing but I never carry 3 people in my truck any ways and my fold down center console top is broke...Just curious as to if it would work. Thanks
    Absolutely! You will have to drill the holes for the inboard bolts and/or console (depending on the year of your truck and the style of seats). My '95 came out of the factory with a single bench, someone put buckets/console in it along the way. I replaced those buckets with a split bench. My '03, on the other hand had the 3 piece set up: seats with a center jump seat. I had to change out all of the air bag sensors to make them work right.

Make sure to use nice big washers underneath so that you have the strength in case of an accident. Also, you can spot weld the washer to the underside of the floor, then spot weld the nut to the washer and you will be able to take the seat out by yourself later if need be instead of having a buddy hold the nut while you turn the bolt.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Thats a good idea...now i just have to go to a junk yard and find some seats and console in good condition....lol you dont happen to know anyone on here with that set up with any pictures do you? btw its an 2001

I got my seats from a junk yard for 175.00. The bolts all lined up fine. I had to swap out the airbag sensors since the seats were from a different year.

will work just fine... i had 2005 duramax seats and full center console in my 1999 silverado... i had to change some dash pieces but it was straight forward. i know i didnt have leather but just to show that it was easy...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC10463.jpg 
Views:	1535 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	42592
    2006 CHEVROLET SILVERADO LT
    - STOCK FOR NOW, PLANS - LEVELING/LIFT, FUEL WHEELS AND BIGGER TIRES

NEW
    OLD