GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Missing my truck

my truck looks all sad in the front yard waiting on me to get around to putting a new fuel pump and cat on. I haven't driven it in 2 weeks and can't wait until it's done!

Just thought I would share.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

poor guy. i was out of town for 3 days last week, drove it friday, then the wife had it saturday and sunday. i missed mine as well.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Well it misses you too.. Give it a wash and a good Wax... And I'm suure it will repay you......
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by moogvo View Post
    my truck looks all sad in the front yard waiting on me to get around to putting a new fuel pump and cat on. I haven't driven it in 2 weeks and can't wait until it's done!

Just thought I would share.
    I am saddened by your temporary loss...

I have been missing mine for the past month. Job had me away from home, but I got a present for both of us. A Edelbrok Performer intake!!
    Old Show Trucks USA conversion
    Custom Paint, interior (Wood grain and leather seats) windows so dark you need a flash light to see me, stock rims, headers, dual exhaust.

I feel you man my convert cobra is sitting n the garage, got no time to rebuild the alternator right now and we've had great top down weather father all this rain
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

I gave this thread a moment of silence, hope you get to her soon.

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

Brother i feel your pain took 7months to complete mine with my schedule and every day i walked out my door there it was looking like it was striped of all life and 4gottn. But when you climb back in that seat put a good full tank of gas and drive on cause theres no better feeling.
    Super-Z

I should be able to get to it later this week or weekend. I am hoping that it is back on the road on Sunday. I have all of the parts... in boxes on the floor in my office. I have access to the fire station to work on it. Just not sure that I have the stamina to do this job anymore. It all comes down to other people's availability!

Youth, where have you gone?
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

I finished the fuel pump over the weekend. Hard start condition seems to have disappeared. It still is a bit low on power. The cat is plugged up. I am hoping to address that in the next couple of weeks. Now, the air conditioning has stopped working. I found the front seal of the compressor leaking, so new compressor time which sucks because the compressor is otherwise not bad.

I also need to address why the bolts that hold the rear of the transmission to the cross member keep falling out. I have replaced them 4 times now since february. I have used loctite, lock washers and even longer bolts. They keep coming out though and I don't know why. I need to find a creative solution to that problem.

Other than that, the truck is pretty much finished. I might do a small lift and put on some larger tires before winter sets in here in the Carolinas. Maybe I will get it done and get some snow to play in this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast