GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default suspension help?

ok guys just bought this truck like 3 weeks ago its a 93 k1500. for some reason the driver side front seems to be sitting lower then the rest of the truck at first i thought maybe the torsion bar mounts where bad as i have delt with the same problem on 3 s10 blazers i have had. but they all seem to be good and the bar is good. i know all 4 shocks are bad but that wouldn't cause the front to drop by an inch on 1 side would it? any sugestions would be nice i would like to get this fixed so i can get the new tires for it but right now they wont fit.

I'd check the a-arms to make sure nothings bent and that the bushings are good. If they look ok, just adjust the torsion bar to level the truck. Then get an alignment.

97 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 5.7L
    78 GMC High Sierra K1500
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go thru life.

yeah every thing looks good and it sat level till the shocks went out but ive never seen bad shocks cause this before. is there any way to adjust the torsion bar without buying a set of torsion keys? and is it possible the torsion bar loosened on its own?

Could be the shocks.

Is the frame itself sitting unlevel OR is it just the body?

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

looks to be just the body now that i took the time to look at it close and just the front driver side i know the core support is rotted wonder if it finally broke and now its sagging

Quote Originally Posted by sicandtwisted View Post
    looks to be just the body now that i took the time to look at it close and just the front driver side i know the core support is rotted wonder if it finally broke and now its sagging
    Could be your problem right there

hope so if no im out of ideas