GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Looking for a Tuner...

I have a 2007 burban and I am thinking about purchasing a tuner? Have looked at superchips, edge, diablo, bully dog...

I know is more about personal preference but I would like to know which one is popular...

Thanks,

*****Thread Moved*****
    To The
    Programmers and Tuning
    Section of the Forum

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

The programmer of the moment is the Diablo InTune..... There is only 1 part number and is compatible with all 1999-2013 GM Trucks... gas and diesel. I got one about 2 months ago and have been happy with it. It is also software upgradable, once you tune your truck, you can un plug it and store it till you need it again where some tuners have to stay connected all the time and could get stolen if people see it.

The Intune is a little smaller lxh and a little thicker than an Iphone.

Diablo InTune and trinity seem to be the hot tuners currently. I personally have the trinity and love it.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

yes, the diablosport Trinity and inTune will both work for your truck...

I sell both the inTune and Trinity programmers, either by themselves, or I also offer a package deal for them that includes my custom tuning at a reduced rate, so you'd save money. You can find info on my site here: http://www.diablewtune.com let me know if you're interested and I can get you hooked up! ;)

as for the difference between the two... I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my car... engine tune wise, they're the same. but I like the Trinity alot better for data logging and monitoring, since it has a windshield mount (like a gps), a bigger, color screen, gauge layouts, etc so it's easier to go through while it's mounted, easier to find/select the parameters... you can save gauge/parameter layouts for logging/monitoring so you don't have to select the parameters every time - you just select a gauge layout you had saved from before, and all the parameters are already all selected and good to go... you can watch/view the data since it's mounted... the inTune does not have a mount, so you have to hold it or put it on the seat next to you, little harder to figure out and find where the parameters are to log, etc... again, these are MY personal preferences... other people like the smaller intune better (it's the size of a credit card), and having to hold it or lay it on the seat may be no big deal to them... but for me, for my preferences, I like the Trinity better...

so really, it's up to you man.

the diablosport tools have the most adjustability of any handheld programmer, the most vehicle support, full data logging capabilities of many many more parameters than others, PLUS - you can get custom tuning done for diablo's tools for your vehicle - which you can not do with the others, so you'd be stuck with whatever tunes they give you on theirs....
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Ive had my inTune for several months with custom tune by DiabLew (06MonteSS) and have been very pleased. Mpg is solid 1 mpg better, tows my wakeboat better, and the top end throttle for passing is night & day better.
    2007 Chevy Silverado NBS Z71, 5.3L, 2wd