GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default After Market Steps

Recently purchased a 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 Crew Cab was wanting to add after market Nerf Bars or Tube Steps to the truck. I was wondering what everyone has put on theirs since there are several different brands and types out on the market. Thanks

Master Mechanic

I bought some black westin platinum series oval nerf bars but I keep getting conflicting advice whether I should put them on. Needless to say I've had them for at least 3 months now sitting in the box brand new. Might end up on Craigslist soon so I don't have to keep thinking about them.

I'd recommend finding ones you like the look of, theres so many different manufacturers it'll make your head spin trying to keep up with them all.

It's obviously just personal opinion as there really are A LOT of styles and manufacturers, but since you're asking I'm planning to get http://www.autoanything.com/nerf-bar...ries-nerf-bars

I just love the look better than anything else I've found. That being said, there are certainly less expensive options out there that look nice as well, so look around.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy09LTZCrew View Post
    It's obviously just personal opinion as there really are A LOT of styles and manufacturers, but since you're asking I'm planning to get http://www.autoanything.com/nerf-bar...ries-nerf-bars

I just love the look better than anything else I've found. That being said, there are certainly less expensive options out there that look nice as well, so look around.
    With RBP you pay a lot for the name/brand, but those bars are killer. I considered them for my truck early in its evolution (when I hadn't decided on black or stainless, yet) but the fact that they are only cab-length made me avoid them.

I'm looking into nfab wheel to wheel nerf bars with 6 steps. Might add alil extra support and weld them in. But every body's got what they like the best
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Yeah, but you have a crazy long wheel base. They are full length for my mini crew/SB. And yes, I agree you're paying for the brand. Sadly, I've not found anything I like nearly as much.

But again, that's why it's important to look all over. You can get some really nice looking ones for half the price of the RBP.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

i went with the BULLY BAR Steps they were 50$ and even though they are a single step there black , strong and there sleek. see my pics, good price tho definitely recommend

AMac, put those Westin bars on and let's see how they look ;)

Smittybilt and Nfab are basically the same and I believe RBP uses the same stuff but at a higher price, but they do have some great designs.

Click the ^banner^ and save up to 15% on Chevy mods.
    We price match, simply call 888-591-8563 or
    Click-to-Chat and
    we'll beat ANY price by $1.

*View our 2011 Silverado Build Page here

Sr. Apprentice

Hi Gabe, Do you have the step to install the Side step? or any pictures.. I got mine but cant figure out how to install it the stupid installation steps are not in the kit..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast