GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for a hood shield any suggestions?

I bought a 2005 yukon xl to replace my totaled 03 yukon. I was able to get the in channel vent visors that @EGRUSA gave me off of the other truck before the insurance company took it. (That was an interesting process as the battery was split in half) I want to put a hood shield on it to finish off the look and protect my hood. Does anyone have any recommendations for a brand to checkout? EGR, AVS, Weathertech, Lund, GTS, Wade? If the manufacture offers multiple models please indicate which model you are telling me about. Positive and negative experiences with your hood shield? I prefer not to drill any holes to mount the shield. Here is a pic of the new truck. Sorry that the quality stinks, I used my phone. Thanks in advance for your input!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0730121443b.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	42460
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0730121443.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	42461
    Last edited by Pikey; 08-01-2012 at 11:35 PM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I've got a Weathertech Bug And Stone Deflector on my truck. It uses the OEM hood guard mounts (i.e. not taped on; no drilling).

Here's some product lit: http://www.weathertech.com/product-e...bug-deflector/

Here's a pic of it (it's also visible in my sig pic if you look closely):

If you want something less prominent ping @AMac, as she has something that's super low profile. I don't remember who makes it...

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Why not stick with EGR? They do make a good product....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Why not stick with EGR? They do make a good product....
    I was just looking for others opinions on the subject and I have not been able to find a pic of a 2000-2006 truck with an EGR hood shield on it. So, I do not know what it would look like. I do like the lower profile style.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

This thread has pics of an EGR Superguard that was provided to a forum user by the EGR rep, here, gratis ... as his hood had been keyed. Talk about excellent service -- that's incomparable service: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...ields?p=492340

It might be higher profile than you want. I don't know what you're looking for, but there are sdome advantages to the guard being a bit higher profile

I saw that thread. It is a NNBS truck. I have a NBS truck and am trying to find a picture of one with a EGR hood shield. I like a little bit of a gap between the hood and shield. That way I can get behind it to clean the hood

1995 Silverado 4x4

2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Maybe @EGRUSA can get you some pics of a NBS with the EGR unit installed?

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Maybe @EGRUSA can get you some pics of a NBS with the EGR unit installed?
    That would be great! Last time I spoke with Ben from @EGRUSA he said that they just finished up a photo shoot with one. I am sure that he will be around soon and maybe he will be able to post a pick for me. I can't imagine that it would look bad, as EGR tends to do things very sleek and smooth. I just don't want to buy one sight unseen. Chances are that I will go with them just to finish off the EGR package on my truck. I still have the flares I won from them also. I just need to get the correct paint color again. I had the paint for my 03 and an appointment to get them sprayed the day after my accident. Needless to say I did not have them sprayed they color of my wrecked truck.

1995 Silverado 4x4

2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Sorry to hear about the accident, hope everyone was ok!
    AVS, Weathertech, Lund, GTS, Wade?
    No way one of my grand prize winners is going to downgrade to one of those shields!

I couldn't access my library right (down for maintenance) so I snapped a few of the chrome version we have on one of our girls Tahoe here.
    Not the best pics but you get an idea of the overall design.

Shoot me an email to bena@egrusa.com and Ill send you out a replacement free of charge!
    EGR USA
    4000 East Greystone Drive, Ontario, California 91761
    (800) 757-7075
    sales@egrusa.com

Wow, I am always amazed by @EGRUSA and their generosity! Thank you Ben. I will send you an email right away. Yes, everyone was ok. Luckily, my wife and toddlers were not with me at the time.

1995 Silverado 4x4

2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast