GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Senior trip ideas...

Hello, me and some of my friends are thinking about taking our senior trip somewhere out west like colorado, montana, or wyoming. we were thinking about staying in some sort of dude ranch or larger cabing. there will be about 15 of us. we want to fly fish, hike, mountain bike, whitewater raft, and go on a jeep trail. does anyone have anywhere that they would recommend staying?
    thanks
    2007 Chevy
    Reg cab
    2wd
    4.3 v6
    32'' bfgoodrich all terrains

If they don't sing, they don't sling.

Well its not that much out west, hell its just a state over, in Flippin, Arkansas (I swear that is the name of the town) there are some guide services for fly fishing and such. PLUS up that way there should be some white water and some nice water to canoe down. When I was 7 we canoed down the Buffalo, had some rapids and had alot of fun jumping off the cliffs and into the water and it being the Ozarks, well there should be Jeep trails and hiking trails too.

Can't say much for CO and WY but we drove through Montana in September-October and passed up ALOT of signs advertising what you're looking for. Its one hell of a drive though took us 3 days to get from Montana to Louisiana on 16 hours of driving a day.

BUT it being your senior trip (mine was 2 years ago in Panama City) I'd say make it memorable.

I know @jimmeh is from Montana, send him a PM and ask if he knows somewhere like that.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs