GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Just for future reference, Wal-Mart has the best security systems of any store in the world just about. If it was a car that did that, and you get the police involved (if you can - if it's enough damage) they will give a digital copy (or let the cops see their monitors) of the accident and they can pull license plates and more with their cameras.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

That's the aftermath of the baskets, the scratch is a lot worse than it looks in the picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image-1751612118.jpg   image-2042851457.jpg  

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

That sucks TTR and lindsaynuts8. I just removed my door moulding so when I park, its as far away as I care to walk.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

this is part of the reason im LEAVYING my door molding on, people that cant drive! been lucky so far, the 11 hasnt been touched, and the 05 had one small chip on the bed from a grocery cart im guessing.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Wal-Mart attracts some totally belligerent riff-raff.
    0311 1st MarDiv 1983-87. Semper Fi !

That stinks, but I can offer you a little help on the repair side.

The marks that look like white chalk marks which you are not able to remove by hand; if you have a 6 inch variable speed orbital polisher, I was able to get rid of the ones on my bed in about 5 minutes using a medium and fine liquid polish and then waxing the truck again to protect the clear coat.

The one that looks like a round rust spot is another story, that will need some sort of body repair.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-08-04_13-00-08_485.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	42608
    thats some pretty legit security isnt it? thats where i always used to park and they just took the cameras down about a week before. i didnt notice at the time
    99 chevy 1500 silverado 4.8 vortec True 2.5' dual exhaust with 3' Silver vein tips and vx muffler, 2005 tail light swap, mb tko 16" matte black rims Upcoming mods:HID headlights, 2" leveling kit

Sorry to hear this
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaynuts8 View Post
    i was parked in walmart and when i walked out to my truck i noticed there were white paint scrape marks and scratches down the side of the driver side of the bed. was wondering if anybody knows a cheaper fix or maybe a good wax to buff it to see if thatll take away the scratches at least
    Check with walmart to see camera of that time. If it shows a shopping cart did it they will pay to have it repaired. You may need law enforcement to view the video, as I had to. It cost Walmart 1100 dollars but it covered the repair on my vehicle.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    Check with walmart to see camera of that time. If it shows a shopping cart did it they will pay to have it repaired. You may need law enforcement to view the video, as I had to. It cost Walmart 1100 dollars but it covered the repair on my vehicle.

i posted a pic of there "great security" and the cameras were not up at the time of the accident so they cannot do anything...not a big deal ill just try buffing it when i get the time
    99 chevy 1500 silverado 4.8 vortec True 2.5' dual exhaust with 3' Silver vein tips and vx muffler, 2005 tail light swap, mb tko 16" matte black rims Upcoming mods:HID headlights, 2" leveling kit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast