GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 Last Post byLast Post by

E I give you mad props, I would have loved to show up but with a 15 month old and living on west coast(about an hour from the shore) the drive was just to great to take on. I hate the drive to our property where we camp that is a little less then 5 hours. I do hope this happens again next year. Friendship is never a thing to waste and I take every opportunity I get to make life long friends.

Thank you again for all your hard work and all the time you spent on making these meets happen.
    2011 Silverado 1500 Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
    LED Dome light
    LED Floor lights
    RC Leveling kit
    Tow Mirrors Custom LED running/signal lights
    BakFlip G2 Tonneau Cover

Erica,
    It was an awesome task to take on and you did a good job with a huge mountain to climb. Not getting any support from the club members is unacceptable and you have every right to say your piece. From the beginning I have seen you trudge through the battle field with little support from members and as you said No support from the club hierarchy. This is truly amazing as it could only boost membership and someones pocket book.
    I agree with you that someone else should step forward and organize for 2013. Wanna take bets on whether it will be done or not?
    I am just glad that I slowed down when no one would respond to the thread and spent much less than I planned. After 4 years of medical and unemployment, it was tough financially for me as well. But I made a commitment and I followed through, being a man of my word. I know we had club members within 45 minutes of the park and they failed to make it. Giorge drove over 3 hours and pulled his boat for some enjoyment. I know it cost him greatly just for fuel. Great guy though and I hope to meet up again in near future.
    Luckily I had no hotel bills and fuel was minimal. But I did spend a little over 200 for the grub and charcoal.
    I think this is like voting. If you didn't attend you don't get to judge those that did. Or speak your piece before the event or forever hold your piece?
    Sitting back and looking at it all , could we have done something different? maybe. could others have done more to promote and advertise? YES.

Ok thats my say. For now. I am still trying to figure the iphone file system out so I can post video and pictures of the Western Meet. Yes I am technically IT challenged.
    Last edited by Coach24; 08-06-2012 at 11:54 PM.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Quote Originally Posted by Als09Sierra View Post
    There's something to be said about seeing each other's trucks in person and making friends, even if they are Steeler and Patriot fans.

Ditto on what @Salesguy1980 and @Als09Sierra have just said, I didn't know that you paid and definitely appreciate the event even more now knowing. As Salesguy said your hard work was not wasted we had a great time! Cannot over-emphasize what a great time me and my family had getting out and meeting the other members and their families and seeing their trucks.

Thank you @GMCErica !!
    Last edited by MoBillyAla; 08-07-2012 at 06:15 AM.

2007 Silverado 1500 LT Ext Cab 4.8l, 2007 Suzuki XL-7, 2012 H-D Sportster "Seventy-Two"

I would have gone to the Midwest meet but do to me getting married this Sat. and taking my vacation time for our honey moon. Plus having my bachelor party local, which was the same day as the meet. That way everyone could make. Sorry for everyone I may have disappointed. My apologies @gmcErica
    Last edited by Curky; 08-07-2012 at 07:25 AM.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Hopefully if there is another one next year I wont be deployed for it. I wouldve for sure went this year but im currently in a not so wonderful country of afghanistan.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

Quote Originally Posted by GMCErica View Post
    You know.. It is so easy for members to complain and judge me and give me their UNNECESSARY opinions and suggestions about the meet and what could be, what should be and what would work... Why don't you go ahead and spend your own money booking all the sites, spending over $300.00 to book the 7 sites... No members offered to help, or give me money, no moderators or Steve offered money... So, it was all me, planning and spending my own money...50 sites??? You go and spend the money to book the 50 sites... You know... I love how you want to tell what I should have done, when No-one else, since the club started planned any big/regional meets, to get the members involved, meeting eachother and showing support...

If any other members want to gimme their opinion and suggestions about how I could have made the meets better, or worse or what I should have done or could have done, please post it .... I love to see all the negative comments, about something I did for the club and members and not my selfish self... For the first ever regional meets, I worked hard to make them special and memorable, instead members posting negative comments... Thanks guys!!!
    Erica, I was out of line last night, I was offering unsolicited advice and I should have know better, my single "desiring to help" brain cell overpowered the single "common sense" brain cell.

I did not intend negative comments, I apologize if you took them that way, sorry.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

The idea is a good one and in the future we're going to have someone local at each meet be in charge of it with master materials being shared by GMCErica to everyone so there is a a guaranteed turnout. I think that's the missing piece to this puzzle.

It will end up being broken down like this:

Overall GMTC Community Organizer
    - {Each Region} Chapter President
    -- {Each Region} Chapter Organizer

By doing that you have "boots on the ground" and there is at least one person who's all-in on the meet, who will attend, etc. I also think that we're going to have to re-think the locations, get some prizes from vendors, etc.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Thanks E!
    Although we only had four trucks at our meet, we still BBQed, drank and had a great time!
    I made 3 new friends at this meet, friends are priceless!
    Thanks again for your efforts E! I will be there for you anytime.
    Here are some pics.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	42722Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo2.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	42723Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo4.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	42724Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo5.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	42725

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    The idea is a good one and in the future we're going to have someone local at each meet be in charge of it with master materials being shared by GMCErica to everyone so there is a a guaranteed turnout. I think that's the missing piece to this puzzle.

It will end up being broken down like this:

Overall GMTC Community Organizer
    - {Each Region} Chapter President
    -- {Each Region} Chapter Organizer

By doing that you have "boots on the ground" and there is at least one person who's all-in on the meet, who will attend, etc. I also think that we're going to have to re-think the locations, get some prizes from vendors, etc.
    That makes a lot of sense Steve. Having a local organizer gives the members someone to go to with questions. These could be treated much like a car show with prizes and things to do for family members who tag along. It would also help to know where most of our members are from. Let me know if I can help out or fill one of the needed roles.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Quote Originally Posted by Als09Sierra View Post
    That makes a lot of sense Steve. Having a local organizer gives the members someone to go to with questions. These could be treated much like a car show with prizes and things to do for family members who tag along. It would also help to know where most of our members are from. Let me know if I can help out or fill one of the needed roles.
    I agree with Both of you (Steve and Al) I will be happy to help out as much as I can

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 4WD/Z71 Crew Cab Gray Green Metallic 6.0 Gas 6spd Auto 3.73 gears, HD locking rear differential. 18"Alum Wheels (Stock) Stock Michelin LTX AT-II Tires, Banks Monster Exhaust, Westin Platinum SS Oval Step Bars, EGR Window Deflectors, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Front and back Weathertech Digitech liners. Factory Remote Start with Onstar App on iPhone.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE Black 4WD 4.2 175,000 Miles all original drivetrain and runs like a champ and no rust or rot!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 Last Post byLast Post by