GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Wheel Finish peeling ~ 2010 Chevy Silverado Z71

I have two wheels that the surface is corroding and peeling the plating off of. I spoke with my dealer but he thought it was odd as he has same and no issues, yet.
    Has any one else seen this issue. The ruck has never been off a marked highway or road(some dirt).

Would this be a warrantable item?
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Master Mechanic

I would definitely check into getting it covered under warranty. After all you do get a bumper to bumper warranty right? Are you still within that range?

Well paint surfaces are warrantied, but I dont know if they would consider wheel coatings to fall in that catagory.
    Corrosion warranty only covers rust through.
    I suspect it'll be a fight to get proper coverage.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I know some GM wheels use a Chrome cover on the wheel.. There was a post about this before..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    I would definitely check into getting it covered under warranty. After all you do get a bumper to bumper warranty right? Are you still within that range?
    Yes I am still in range and that is why I posted here to see if a gm tech would post.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    I know some GM wheels use a Chrome cover on the wheel.. There was a post about this before..
    These are the stock 2010 18" wheels . They have a cap but no beauty ring as the rim is where the peeling is occurring.
    Searched for other posts but could not find.

Sr. Apprentice

I have the 20 chrome clad rims and so far have had them replaced 3 times because they started to peel, should be covered under warranty.

Coach24,

I'm sorry you are having this issue. This is going to be something that your dealer needs to see in order to know if it is covered or not. Have you set up an appointment with your dealer yet?

Evan, GM Customer Service

Spoke with the dealer and he said he hasn't seen anything like it. Did not offer to warranty or even contact GM about it. Kind of like other issues he just doesn't want to deal with the NEw GM on warranty issues. Still leaves me confused.

Hello out there wondering if someone can help me? I have a 2011 2500hd with 26000 miles and the wheels are corroding on it and door handle chrome is pealing. One dealer told me it was due to a harsh cleaner and another dealer told me that the cosmetic warranty was void because I'm the second owner. Never heard of a warranty not being transferable. Customer service says that paint warranty is 1 year or 12k miles. who says thats paint isn't it a powder coat process on the wheels and plating on the handles?
    Last edited by baker111; 09-09-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by