GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    I have two wheels that the surface is corroding and peeling the plating off of. I spoke with my dealer but he thought it was odd as he has same and no issues, yet.
    Has any one else seen this issue. The ruck has never been off a marked highway or road(some dirt).

Would this be a warrantable item?
    I assume this is your 2010 Silverado?

If you are still under the 3/36K then yes. If past that, then no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    Yes I am still in range and that is why I posted here to see if a gm tech would post.
    Then your dealer should fix the problem if you are still under the 3/36K warranty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baker111 View Post
    Hello out there wondering if someone can help me? I have a 2011 2500hd with 26000 miles and the wheels are corroding on it and door handle chrome is pealing. One dealer told me it was due to a harsh cleaner and another dealer told me that the cosmetic warranty was void because I'm the second owner. Never heard of a warranty not being transferable. Customer service says that paint warranty is 1 year or 12k miles. who says thats paint isn't it a powder coat process on the wheels and plating on the handles?
    I call BS. The warranty is with the vehicle, not the owner. How was dealer #1 able to determine if it was indeed a harsh cleaner? I cannot believe dealer #2 would even say something SO STUPID.

I assume your wheels on the 2500HD are the painted steel wheels? GM Customer Service actually said this to you?

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

The wheels are polished aluminum and some kinda clear on them. The clear has bubbles in it if you open them up dust from the aluminum oxadizing comes out. The chrome coming off the door handles is so bad it'll cut you if you slide your hand on it. But where do you go next.

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    I assume this is your 2010 Silverado?

If you are still under the 3/36K then yes. If past that, then no.

- - - Updated - - -

Then your dealer should fix the problem if you are still under the 3/36K warranty.

- - - Updated - - -

I call BS. The warranty is with the vehicle, not the owner. How was dealer #1 able to determine if it was indeed a harsh cleaner? I cannot believe dealer #2 would even say something SO STUPID.

I assume your wheels on the 2500HD are the painted steel wheels? GM Customer Service actually said this to you?
    I agree! Some thing is fishy here! Are the door handles even OEM or are they cheap stick on that the first owner put on?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

My Silverado is a 2011. The door handles are OEM

I have a 2011 with cracks in the chrome clad plastic covers. My service manager has agreed to replace them, but I do not want the same wheels as they will do the same. Another stupid idea by gm! I just had my truck in for the latest revision (5th or 6th) and was disgusted with gm's pathetically engineered solution to the cabin noise problem! A couple 9 yr Olds with crayons could do better! (trying to stick pieces of closed-cell weatherstripping to a plastic-covered bitumen based noise dampening pad, proves incompetence.) I am so disgusted with gm that I will not buy another product and am currently shopping for a new vehicle for my wife. I am told the 2014 trucks have successfully solved this issue. Proof that GM is clearly focused on sales and not customer care.
    I believe that people spending this much money need to stand up to gm and hold them accountable. I have a great relationship with my service department and will miss them. GM-not whatsoever!

Gm's cabin noise repair has plugged up the cabin vents so much that when the fan is running it is working exponentially harder than it should and is forcing air out the poor Window and door seals so badly that it whistles! Now this is the best they can do for a $50,000+ vehicle after 3years of their best problem solving.
    Last edited by almo; 09-17-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Legend

I have 2000 oem silverado aluminum polished rims. these are OEM clear coated aluminum. what I did was spray these wheels and the bumpers and side body strips with silicone lube spray and wipe off excess. so far they still looking good.

now on the inside of these wheels there is a coating on the aluminum that was turning to corrosion[white power fluff]. I washed the surface down with paint thinner to remove all oils after a good washing with dish soap to clean off the dirt. I even did a light sanding of the surface to get down to a solid shine surface . I then sprayed this interior inside surface of the rim with a dry antisieze spray coating designed to protect metal from salt corrosion which dries in about 2 min. that was 12 years ago. every 5 years or more when I get my tires replaced I do a very light touch up...look pretty good for a rust belt vehicle 13 yrs old.

I do know of wheels from GM that had metal chrome peel. some GM wheels where so bad that they caused brake issues and all kinds of scraping sounds and this was on the expensive caddy vehicles.

GM knows all this so that is why you get a 1 year on these issues....this should come with the 7 year 70,ooo mile corrosion warranty.

I had some rust form under my driver door at the door skin seam. the GM dealership repaired it by just spraying over the rust as the vehicle had 30,000 miles on it ... so much for quality repairs from them . no work is or has any warranty for rust issues after they fix it ...this is why they do what they do .

when I brought the vehicle back the next year the manager stated "you what this to last forever or what "!

Quote Originally Posted by almo View Post
    I have a 2011 with cracks in the chrome clad plastic covers. My service manager has agreed to replace them, but I do not want the same wheels as they will do the same. Another stupid idea by gm! I just had my truck in for the latest revision (5th or 6th) and was disgusted with gm's pathetically engineered solution to the cabin noise problem! A couple 9 yr Olds with crayons could do better! (trying to stick pieces of closed-cell weatherstripping to a plastic-covered bitumen based noise dampening pad, proves incompetence.) I am so disgusted with gm that I will not buy another product and am currently shopping for a new vehicle for my wife. I am told the 2014 trucks have successfully solved this issue. Proof that GM is clearly focused on sales and not customer care.
    I believe that people spending this much money need to stand up to gm and hold them accountable. I have a great relationship with my service department and will miss them. GM-not whatsoever!

Gm's cabin noise repair has plugged up the cabin vents so much that when the fan is running it is working exponentially harder than it should and is forcing air out the poor Window and door seals so badly that it whistles! Now this is the best they can do for a $50,000+ vehicle after 3years of their best problem solving.
    Sadly most dealers are not willing to spend the time with GM resolving customer complaints. especially thise that are major known items. My dealers Gm said he had same model and had no concerns . I asked if we could go for a highway ride in his truck to prove it. He agreed and 3 miles down the rode I had to raise my voice to be heard over the wind noise. He then finally agreed to re-visit my issue. They did a foam fill that , as other have said blocks off the air vents.
    I drove a 2014 and they have not fixed the wind noise issue.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12