GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Apprentice

Default Window Wiring Problems

Hello i have a 94 k1500 Z71 and i am in the middle of replacing my window motors, regulators, and window glass lift plates. After breaking my drivers side window (for stupid reasons, i forgot it was still on my tailgate when i drove off, dont laugh at me haha) So i went to the other side and expected it to be the motor but tested the switch anyway and found that it was only getting about 5 volts and after we looked at a wiring diagram, this one http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...owerwindow.jpg, we tried different wire combinations and suddenly it wasn't getting any power and we tried putting the leads directly on the plug that attaches to the window motor and tried the switch on the passenger and drivers sides and we got nothing from both where could my problem be? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!
    -Dan Koepke
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Z71
    3" Body Lift
    American Racing rims
    33" Yokohama Mud Terrains
    Dual Exhaust straight pipes
    -CHEVY MILITIA MEMBER-

Start simple, have you checked your fuses (if they have one for the windows as I have forgotten if they do or not)?

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Jr. Apprentice

There are fuses but i think it is for both windows so if one side works and the other doesnt i dont think it can be the fuse unless im mistaken?

Jr. Apprentice

Also i just bought a whole drivers side door froma guy for 25 bucks becasue i needed the window glass and do you think i can get the extra drivers side wiring harness to work on the passenger side? also pushing the button for the passenger window on the drivers side still has no effect so...