GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 07 nbs sierra 1500 miss at idle

Truck started this a couple weeks ago. It has the 5.3 in it. No codes or anything. When sitting in park or drive I can feel the engine miss or stumble every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by black07sierra View Post
    Truck started this a couple weeks ago. It has the 5.3 in it. No codes or anything. When sitting in park or drive I can feel the engine miss or stumble every now and then.
    Have the Fuel Pressure Checked, if it Checks out to be O.K.......and not knowing what maintenance you've done???....I would look at doing some the following,
    .....A Cleaning of the Throttle Body And Injector's......
    Clean the MAF Sensor, and New Air Filter(if needed), and then take a look at the Plugs and Wires(Replace if Needed).....

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

All of the above need to be done from time to time.
    Most will cause rough idle and lack of power, poor gas and plugs generally cause mis-fire at idle.

However, you have no codes......a mis-fire should throw a code, or two.

How many miles on the truck?
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

106k on truck. Replaced plugs about 6k ago. Fuel pressure checks in between 42-45 psi at the rail. Wires all within spec. Fuel filter changed about 15k ago. It's weird. Won't do it a for a couple days then starts up again. Runs great on the highway. Only stumbles at idle. Gas mileage does seem a bit down. I'm down from an average of 17 to 15.

Sr. Engineer

Fuel pressure is a bit low, supposed to be 55-62. Could well be affecting injector spray pattern or just causing a lean condition. Any check engine lites?
    Sorry, Quoted pressures for 99-06 trucks and may be different for the 07 and I do not know what they are.
    Last edited by dpeter; 07-12-2012 at 05:25 AM. Reason: possible wrong info given
    2000 GMC YUKON SLT, 5.3L tow pkg, G80 rear/w 3.73 gear

No check engine lights. No stored codes. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by black07sierra View Post
    106k on truck. Replaced plugs about 6k ago. Fuel pressure checks in between 42-45 psi at the rail. Wires all within spec. Fuel filter changed about 15k ago. It's weird. Won't do it a for a couple days then starts up again. Runs great on the highway. Only stumbles at idle. Gas mileage does seem a bit down. I'm down from an average of 17 to 15.

How did you changed out the Fuel Filter??, the reason I ask, is In 2004" G.M. moved the Inline Fuel Filter's into the Fuel Tanks, on the V-8 Engines,
    With the exception of the Flex Fuel and the 4.3L V-6, they were moved to the Tank in 2005" on the Trucks and SUV's.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 07-12-2012 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Added Infor.

Well I had it in for a free service that included fuel filter change. Oh well. It doesn't have one so I guess they didn't change it.

Ended up being preignition caused by the e3 spark plugs. Put my iridiums back in and problem went away.

I have this same issue on my 2010. But the dealer says that the 5.3 runs that way sometimes . Again no codes so everything is hunky dory.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"