GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Master Mechanic

Default What do you guys think?

Since the truck came back from the dyno the other day, I was started to look at other mods to get alot of power out of the rado. So I started looking around and thought of a cam kit from comp cams, while that was getting done debur the ports on the heads, a new intake manifold (FAST LSXrt) with the throttle body and fuel rails for it. Also replacing my shorties and cat back with long tubes and custom exhaust. In addition I was thinking of replacing my fan for the electric fan out of an 05 tahoe (with black bear harness). For the money do you guys think its a good route? The truck has 122,000 miles on it so I was thinking a s/c was out of the question. Thanks for any thoughts everyone
    Last edited by KyleZ71; 08-09-2012 at 09:33 AM.
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

If you can afford it , I say do it and enjoy. I always fall back to whther the budget can handle the expense.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Master Mechanic

thanks man

if u wanna save money and have the exact same results...... i say do a cam swap, you can do heads if you like id get a milled/ worked set or get something like prc stage 2.5 heads im running pretty much the same heads and there great, next i say get a tbss/nnbs intake set up with injectors, the lsx intake isnt worth the money... when u can get within 5-10 hp while saving 5-700 bucks. now if u do a big cam... 220 or more ull have to change out your stall to see the full benefits, you'll also wanto get a wideband set up and a mail order tune or a live tune. id deff go with long tube headers, and exhaust to start. then do a tune so on and so forth.
    2004 gmc sierra ext z71 5.3
    PERFORMANCE...
    KB racing hot pipes 3.5" : 76mm turbo: 4l80e : Circle-d 2b multi disk :Walbro 400 : Racetronix Hotwire kit : TB coolant bypass : Nelson 91 Pcm : Tr 220 Cam : Brian Tooley double springs kit : Ls7 Lifters : Stage 3 heads : Custom Intake Manifold :80lb Injectors : Ported TB : 40k tranny cooler: Plx dm-100 gauge: Auto meter fuel and boost gauge:
    APPEARANCE...
    Custom Speedo : Leveling kit :Smoked led taillights and 3rd break light : Black projectors and fogs with hids : Blacked out grille : 33's on 16's : Clarion flip screen: sound que 12" subs: clerion 6x9's : Memhpis amps: Alpine componet set.
    Future mods... Detriot tru-trac, deviels own stage 2 meth kit, MORE BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW ditch the flow masters get a free flowing muffler like a mangnaflow or something

Master Mechanic

thanks man I really appreciate the advice. Ill look into it. I have a guy within an hour of me that does dyno tunes, Ill go back to him for another after all of this. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by darnie1987 View Post
    if u wanna save money and have the exact same results...... i say do a cam swap, you can do heads if you like id get a milled/ worked set or get something like prc stage 2.5 heads im running pretty much the same heads and there great, next i say get a tbss/nnbs intake set up with injectors, the lsx intake isnt worth the money... when u can get within 5-10 hp while saving 5-700 bucks. now if u do a big cam... 220 or more ull have to change out your stall to see the full benefits, you'll also wanto get a wideband set up and a mail order tune or a live tune. id deff go with long tube headers, and exhaust to start. then do a tune so on and so forth.

yep no problem, if you have any questions just hit me up. ive learned from experience and have been reading and researching for about 6 years now on performance LS based projects if i cant help i can get answers

I know this thread is older but what were your dyno results?
    2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Vortec V8
    2" Body Lift
    3" Suspension Lift
    Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks
    Skyjacker Steering Stabilizer
    35" Tires with 20" American Racing Rims
    Velocity Cold Air Intake
    Billet Throttle Body Spacer
    BBK Performance Headers
    MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust System
    DiabloSport Predator- Soon to be tuned by Diablew

"Soon to be leveling-kit"