GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Master Mechanic
    AMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Nice job! You picked a good setting and the truck looks great!




  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyBoy2009 View Post
    Looks great!!!!...but if it were my truck,id throw some killer grill inserts on to make the truck REALLY stand out!...just saying
    I have plans for that at some point. I like the simplicity of the horizontal billet, I'm just waiting for the right deal.

    Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    Nice job! You picked a good setting and the truck looks great!
    Thanks!! I really like the way your truck is coming along. The rims are just enough to both break up and blend in with the black. Nicely done!

    2010 OEM 20" Wheels
    Color-matched mirror covers and emblem
    20% tinted windows - 6" eyebrow
    Black rear fender-wells
    Completely debadged and demolded
    Duramax airbox replacement w/ K&N filter
    2" Rear drop shackle
    Tailgate light bar
    Flowmaster Delta 50 w/ double tip exits
    Blue footwell lighting
    12" Pioneer Sub (custom downfire box) 850W amp
    Full LED interior

  3. #13

    Default

    Cheez you're some kind of photographer man. Those pictures are excellent. And I love your truck man, probably my favorite NBS on the forum. I usually like lifted trucks but the rear shackle with those 20's is badass.

    I knew a guy who color matched (white) the chrome crossbar on his grille and it looked awesome. I think something like that would set your truck off better than a typical grille insert. Thats just my 2 cents.

    Keep it up bud looks great.
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights


    2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnimalYates View Post
    Cheez you're some kind of photographer man. Those pictures are excellent. And I love your truck man, probably my favorite NBS on the forum. I usually like lifted trucks but the rear shackle with those 20's is badass.

    I knew a guy who color matched (white) the chrome crossbar on his grille and it looked awesome. I think something like that would set your truck off better than a typical grille insert. Thats just my 2 cents.

    Keep it up bud looks great.
    Thanks for the kind words! The front end is something I've been debating. Color matching plastics? Grill inserts? So many things to change but no clue what to do... I do plan on color matching the door handles and tailgate latch soon.

    2010 OEM 20" Wheels
    Color-matched mirror covers and emblem
    20% tinted windows - 6" eyebrow
    Black rear fender-wells
    Completely debadged and demolded
    Duramax airbox replacement w/ K&N filter
    2" Rear drop shackle
    Tailgate light bar
    Flowmaster Delta 50 w/ double tip exits
    Blue footwell lighting
    12" Pioneer Sub (custom downfire box) 850W amp
    Full LED interior

  5. #15

    Default

    I personally would like the grille inserts...i got lucky on my new truck cuz i have color matched everything

    2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

    Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    Factory Black Running Boards
    BF Goodrich All-Terrain KO's(265/65R18)
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    Bowtie Mud Flaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    DeeZee Toolbox(Debadged)
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Bigger Tires
    Aftermarket Rims

  6. #16
    Master Mechanic
    AMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheez View Post
    I have plans for that at some point. I like the simplicity of the horizontal billet, I'm just waiting for the right deal.



    Thanks!! I really like the way your truck is coming along. The rims are just enough to both break up and blend in with the black. Nicely done!
    Thank you!

    A couple more months and I'll be putting the stock wheels back on for the winter. They're not bad looking except when they are dirty




  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    A couple more months and I'll be putting the stock wheels back on for the winter. They're not bad looking except when they are dirty
    Why, pray tell?

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheez View Post
    Thanks for the kind words! The front end is something I've been debating. Color matching plastics? Grill inserts? So many things to change but no clue what to do... I do plan on color matching the door handles and tailgate latch soon.
    Actually, the guy who color matched his front grille also had grille inserts. It looks pretty sweet IMO. (Minus the blacked out headlights.. just a bit much if you ask me)

    Here is a pic:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tt.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	42797
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights


    2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

  9. #19
    Master Mechanic
    AMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Why, pray tell?
    Why what? We've seen snow as early as November and I want to keep the new wheels in good condition. They're not meant to hold up against salt like the stock wheels are, and even those I try to keep salt free as much as possible.




  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    Why what? We've seen snow as early as November and I want to keep the new wheels in good condition. They're not meant to hold up against salt like the stock wheels are, and even those I try to keep salt free as much as possible.
    That makes no sense. I mean, in winter if you drive it then it gets dirty, so you likely don't drive it -- in which case salt is not relevant and you can keep whatever wheels you like on it, year-round!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. K&N Photoshoot
    By Murdered-Knight in forum Photo & Video Gallery
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 07:33 PM
  2. Fatal accident shuts down Rt. 12 for a day - Evening Sun (subscription)
    By Steve in forum Chevy Compact Cars (Aveo & Cobalt)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 06:30 PM
  3. Goood Evening Yimmmie
    By startsleepin69 in forum Member Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 09:21 PM
  4. Photoshoot for local publication
    By 04SilveradoMykk in forum Photo & Video Gallery
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 12:25 AM
  5. Photoshoot - Flatman - 7.16.07
    By Flatman in forum Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 04:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •