GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default Member Check in... from Sandy.....

Greetings all Been 2 days since I have been on. I am now at the Inlaws in Westchecter Co NY. My house in NNJ has no power or Internet. I do have a Gen running so the fridge and subpump have power. There are Trees down everywhere and power lines. I will post pics when I can..

Lets use this post for the NE and SE members that have not been on for the past few days from the storm to check in..

Thanks Glenn
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I'm alive and safe so it Tahoe.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

All's well on LI for us. Power and all, although most on the Island are without. We've driven around and there are trees down all over. Some on houses, others on cars and trees in the road all over. They have done a good job cleaning up, but there's just too much damage. A lot of power is out and very few stores are open. The pizza place around the corner is running their ovens on a generator, but those are few and far between. Most grocery stores are trashing perishables and won't sell dairy.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Legend

Hi guys just checking in again.. At a friends house now. Still no power by me Trees down everywhere.. I have Tons of pics to post soon...Hope all is well with everyone else.. Stay safe....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Master Mechanic

Well my NH city faired fairly well. I boxed the vehicles in the driveway to shield them from debree yet I woke up to find them with pine needles all over. Wouldn't mind except now I have to try and get sap off . However, if that's all I have to complain about, I can't complain given that it could have been a lot worse.
    Best wishes and fast recovery for victims of Sandy!

Legend

If you THINK you have it Bad.. I was in Far Rockaway Queens today doing a move gig.. The Whole area was under water.. Here are just a few pics more to be posted later..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9988.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	45386Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9990.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	45387