GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Do you plan on tracking it or drag or just a cruiser. Honestly I've never put a ford motor back into a fox body and I've built 5 of them, 4 of which are drag cars and one was for autocross. if your gunna put a ford motor in it I don't know why you would use the 5.0. Cheap and available parts
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Master Mechanic

Im glad someone out there likes the foxbodies. Personally I hate them and think they were the ugliest mustang ever made. I like mustangs dont get me wrong but those fox bodies were something awful.
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    Do you plan on tracking it or drag or just a cruiser. Honestly I've never put a ford motor back into a fox body and I've built 5 of them, 4 of which are drag cars and one was for autocross. if your gunna put a ford motor in it I don't know why you would use the 5.0. Cheap and available parts
    what im planning is to have it a mix of both something that i can take to the track if i want but be able to drive it on the street to cruise, being that its an LX one i dont feel right putting a 5.0 in it, and the 5.0 is so over done up here i want it to be a little different, every foxbody up here has the 5.0 in it. Kyle they are sort of ugly yes, i like them for their size, being so small and light, in my opinion they look better than the 95-98 body styles though
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

Master Mechanic

I know what you mean. My aunt and uncle are good friends of Bill Fox of Fox Mustangs and he has a big collection of them. Makes me glad to look at my truck when I leave.

haha ya, i mean if it was any body style of mustang i wouldnt complain i mean $100 for basically a really clean car that just need an engine and tranny it really wouldnt matter to me what the body style is

Quote Originally Posted by sgtsjj View Post
    what im planning is to have it a mix of both something that i can take to the track if i want but be able to drive it on the street to cruise, being that its an LX one i dont feel right putting a 5.0 in it, and the 5.0 is so over done up here i want it to be a little different, every foxbody up here has the 5.0 in it. Kyle they are sort of ugly yes, i like them for their size, being so small and light, in my opinion they look better than the 95-98 body styles though

My buddy had a convert lx that came with a 5.0. Just get an aluminum block don't want make that front end to heavy or you'll just turn it into a drifting machine. I'm not to into ford motors other than the 5.0 and the 4.6 dohc sc

oh yea with how light the car is having a really heavy front end would be bad, i still havent decided on the motor, but i have a little while to figure that out lol

maybe someone asked (I skimmed these 3 pages ...) but what exactly is a foxbody vs. a non-foxbody for a mustang?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Jr. Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by sgtsjj View Post
    Put a 5.4L SVT motor in it and call it a day....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    maybe someone asked (I skimmed these 3 pages ...) but what exactly is a foxbody vs. a non-foxbody for a mustang?
    i stole a pic from some where off the all knowing interwebs... but this body style is called the foxbody, all the other body styles im not sure if there is really a name for them or not.

Mcrews i may have to look into that...now one of my buddies here may have talked me into a 5.0 because of what was pointed out earlier on the thread about them being cheap...and i am known to blow up car motors pretty easily
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dcfn0006tv7.jpg  

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by