GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

When I working in the garage the owner scored a LX for $50 because the motor was blown. He dropped a 460 in it! The front suspension did not like it at all. He ended up putting a GT front end under it. A month later the frame was twisted from the power of the 460.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

exactly its a project car, cant complain about what i paid for it either, the interior is mint though it doesnt look worn at all, all the rough spots are on the outside, and i successfully finished off the 4 banger in it
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeSilver02 View Post
    Well it looks rough but hell it is a project car
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

$100-
    Just $100 ??
    Well the price is certainly right!
    Hey pretty area-so that is what Minn looks like?
    Pretty-almost worth the 20 below winters I guess!
    Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Quote Originally Posted by sgtsjj View Post
    exactly its a project car, cant complain about what i paid for it either, the interior is mint though it doesnt look worn at all, all the rough spots are on the outside, and i successfully finished off the 4 banger in it
    With the mint interior and the price you paid for it I think its a great buy. I bet that ford will be badass when you get it all together. Did you get any video of finishing off the 4 banger?
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

I am not a huge fan of foxbodies but cant beat that price for a project car.

As said before the 302 is a cheap and easy motor to get parts for. the 427 SCJ would be awesome but much more dinero.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

sadly no i didnt get any video of it, i literally turned the key just because i wanted to laugh at the sound of the ford dying and it ran for 30 seconds and died....im going with a 302 for sure just for cost wise, itll probably be FI even though Carbed would be nice,phoebeisis it is pretty up here, it does almost make up for the fact it gets down to the negatives in the winter
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

for sure i will learn the motor first before anything, heres some pics of it finally picked it up today
    The pic of your truck towing the project car on the trailer was the only good one of the lot, as it's the only one with a GM vehicle in it!

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    The pic of your truck towing the project car on the trailer was the only good one of the lot, as it's the only one with a GM vehicle in it!
    hahaha smart a** thats the first time ive ever had that much weight on my truck...it pulled really well, the only thing that sucked was my MPG.....wow did that go down the drain

hahaha smart a** thats the first time ive ever had that much weight on my truck...it pulled really well, the only thing that sucked was my MPG.....wow did that go down the drain
    Heheheh. I'm glad it pulled well.

will ive been tempted with the 429 cobra jet, i know i dont want to put a 5.0 in it...
    No, you don't want to do this motor in that car. This is a big block and very, very heavy. No good in a car like yours. Too much weight in the front end. I would get a 351 crate motor, maybe a plug n play unit with fuel injection and the electronics on it, if you can afford it. Would look real nice in there.

In any event, it sounds like it could be a fun if not very time and money consuming project. So I hope you can post a thread with some pictures of your progress some time down the road.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast