GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Instrument cluster LED light mod questions?

I was wondering what type blue led bulbs to get to replace the instrument cluster gauge bulbs in my 2004 chevy silverado 1500 ls ext. cab, i know that some of the like 2002 & 03 used the type 194 miniature wedge base bulbs from superbrightleds.com but am not sure about what bulbs to get for my 2004 chevy silverado 1500 ls ext. cab gauge bulbs? If anybody knows what bulbs to get that would be great and i heard that on the 04 they soldered the bulbs in but not for sure?

It really depends on the year of the truck. In my 2000, they are a #74 bulb (odd size) but they twist out and twist into the back of the cluster. The blue LED's I installed were from US Speedo:

http://www.usspeedo.com/led-speedometer-kits/

My understanding is that in 2003 and newer, the bulbs are soldered in so you would need a soldering tool to remove the old ones and then solder the new ones in.

Here is what it looks like in my truck:

I need to take a new pic because I found out I had to twist one of the bulbs more to get it to turn on.

I am thinking about the W led miniature base bulbs and the x5 version from superbrightleds.com then soldering the bases on but am not sure if it would work so if anybody could tell me what LEDs to get that wont have bright spots on the instrument cluster like some LEDs do that would be great!

Here is the link http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...ini-wedge.html