GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Still need to know part number for the harness. And if your truck was originally equipped with onstar and Bose

Here are a few things you can review right now

-grounding, check all your grounded connections, how is your amplifier grounded? Grounded to a seat bolt is not good enough, drill a small hole in your floor and bolt the ground right to your truck body

-second, instead of running your power for your deck off your harness, run 2 runs of 12awg from your amp to your deck (run 1 to your hot and 1 to your ground). This gives your signal output and input common power and ground, on big systems this is how we power our decks. It helps eliminate white noise or static sound of any kind (mostly known as pink noise)

-last thing, you may need to go to an audio shop and by what's called a ground-loop-isolator. This is another way to eliminate noise.

to be honest i dont know much about installing and wires and stuff BUT they did ground it to the car seat so when i saw you say that ..i was like thats prob the problem .... but like i said i wont be home till fri night so can do this stuff till Sat when i see my guy ...but THANKS for everything i feel alot more confident that this problem will be fixed lol ... so once again thanks (And yes it is equipped with onstar but no bose)
    Chevy Silverado 10' - C.C / Pioneer DVD Head Unit / 2 12' Memphis Subs / Rhino Lined / Running Boards / Corsa Sport Exhaust / Volant CAI / Spyder Black Halo Projector Headlights & Tailights / Led Interior Dome Lights/ 20 % Tint on every window except back (Limo Tint) /

Good luck and I hope you find your problem. If not check back in and maybe we can brain storm some more ideas.

Same thing happens in my 240sx. Its annoying!
    00 Chevy Tahoe LT, 5.3 4x4

Two words bad ground start over front to back had that problem with large install
    93 GMC SUBURBAND 24" RIMS / 98 ISUZU RODEO 20" RIMS

Yea I went back last Saturday they fixed it an then like Tuesday it came back again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12