GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default KYB Excel G, Gas a just, anyone use those on their sub or other vehicles?

I am thinking about replacing the shocks on my 88. That thing probably have been there for a long time, no leak but rusted badly. And I guess I need a new set.

Anyway, does any of you have experience with KYB shocks? Looking at the Excel G which is marked as direct replacment. And Gas a Just which supposed to have better handling...whatever.

The price different is about $10/shock. I am thinking about the Gas a Just at this moment but don't know anything about it at all.

Never owned KYB shocks, however, they always seem to be the preferred replacement unit.

1988 Suburban....with original springs & shocks?
    Think that I'd replace all 4 suspension springs in addition to the shocks.
    Those springs are weakened after 24 years of service on the vehicle, and new shocks alone won't help the handling.
    "I Hate When That Happens!"

I am not sure if the shocks are original. I pulled it out over the weekend and they seems to be in good condition. The springs however, probably still a stock item. I wish I can redo the suspension like you mentioned with new springs, shocks..(sure some other items will need to be replaced as well) but I don't think I can handle it. (even pulling the shocks took me a while)