GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: August 2012 ROTM Contest

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • aloxdaddy99 - 2011 GMC Sierra

42 22.83%
  • AMac - 2011 Chevy Silverado

61 33.15%
  • the phantom - 2011 Silverado

43 23.37%
  • dsfloyd - 2004 Silverado 2500

38 20.65%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    What would be wrong with the nominees choosing the picture they would like for the ROTM. Or some time to get a good picture in their album. After all it is a judged competition and if the only picture that is available is old or is covered in rain with windshield wipers on and is dirty certainly doesnt give the owner a chance to give his best presentation.
    The problem with that is that none of the previous ROTM nominees had such an edge. Also, a simple approach, really, is for people to just keep their albums up to date. After all, there's a lot more of us than there are Steves or mods, so work distribution really needs to be considered...

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    The problem with that is that none of the previous ROTM nominees had such an edge. Also, a simple approach, really, is for people to just keep their albums up to date. After all, there's a lot more of us than there are Steves or mods, so work distribution really needs to be considered...
    Just looking to improve for the future. Besides the previous ROTM nominees, If they already havent won ROTM, could very well have that edge in future considerations. But lets just keep everything the same as that is the simpler approach.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Umm, we've changed photos in the past all the time for ROTM nominees. Please upload a new photo and we will swap that out. We're also in the process of getting some new moderators and that will help things out a lot as well.

Ok enough talk, let's get some voting done on this bad boy. On average over the years we ran contests for about three weeks, so 18 calendar days to vote is more than 2 1/2 weeks ... more than enough time to get voting in on this for the month.
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 08-17-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Master Mechanic

Thank you for all the members that have supported me. I guess it would be silly to withdraw at this point. I didn't expect the voter turnout to be so high since it was late in the game.

My quick mod list includes
    4 feniex strobes behind the grille
    20" helo rims with nitto dura grapplers
    recon smoked tail lights
    spyder black projector headlights
    LED fog, parking, blinker, dome, reverse and license plate lights
    hood deflector, vent visors
    oem running boards, upgraded oem painted grille, painted mirror caps
    on order and waiting to receive HD front/rear shocks
    Flowmaster 40 series single dual exit

Again, thank you

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I have a couple of thoughts on this.

First, to compensate for having a shorter month, I did a mass email blast that sent a lot of traffic to the site and votes are coming in already. I anticipate that this will have just as many ... if not more votes than the average month.

Second, if Amac really wants to back out (and I gave her a day to think about it) then I will remove her from the poll and that gives you a 1/3 chance of winning, instead of 1/4.

Third, if you have another newer photo of your truck, please make a new album and upload it. I will swap out the photos and/or go ahead and link to your albums so people can do a one-click to see more photos.
    i agree to participate am and thankful of those who voted for me.
    my album was already up to date.
    thank you

I vote for dsfloyd's '04.
    0311 1st MarDiv 1983-87. Semper Fi !

Wow good to see there is FINALLY an August ROTM poll. Had to go with @dsfloyd. A 2500hd crew cab is my favorite type of NBS truck. Looks good.
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

I voted, good luck to all!

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

I have my mod list in my sig. That list is changing often. Good luck to all!!

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Man I have been swamped at work. This is almost the first time on this month. stoked to see I made the competition, but the pic is about 3 years old. coulda swore I had a new pic in the album (see sig pic). oh well just glad to be in.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member