GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: August 2012 ROTM Contest

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • aloxdaddy99 - 2011 GMC Sierra

42 22.83%
  • AMac - 2011 Chevy Silverado

61 33.15%
  • the phantom - 2011 Silverado

43 23.37%
  • dsfloyd - 2004 Silverado 2500

38 20.65%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default August 2012 ROTM Poll ~ Vote for your Favorite Truck!

Here are the four entrants into the August 2012 ROTM content, in no particular order.
    (I am entering information for them as I go ...)

aloxdaddy99 - 2011 GMC Sierra

AMac - 2011 Chevy Silverado
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amac-truck.jpg 
Views:	1206 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	42884

the phantom - 2011 Silverado

dsfloyd - 2004 Silverado 2500

@Steve; @aloxdaddy99; @AMac; @the phantom; @dsfloyd;
    Last edited by Steve; 08-15-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Some beautiful trucks there. hmm im gonna have to wait for all the info of mods to be put in before i can vote tho. good luck to yall..

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

Master Mechanic

While I appreciate being a candidate in the August ROTM I have submitted a request to withdrawal. I would not be able to get a mod list together as I have a lot going on. There are some great trucks this month and my vote is in.
    Good luck everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    While I appreciate being a candidate in the August ROTM I have submitted a request to withdrawal. I would not be able to get a mod list together as I have a lot going on. There are some great trucks this month and my vote is in.
    Good luck everyone!
    @AMac; If you don't want to be part of this, then I understand and we'll just pull you out and the 50% of people who have voted for you will have to vote for someone else. Just a reminder, you don't actually have to do anything but sit back and let people admire what you have already done on your sweet truck. So a mod list is nice, but I think people can see for themselves that you did a bunch of solid work in customizing your truck. Just my $.02.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    Good luck everyone!
    I wouldnt withdrawal from the ROTM. Its a very clean looking truck and i think you have a good chance at winning.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

I am surprised AMac has any paint left on her truck, she always has what appears to be the cleanest rig on the site. I wonder if she actually takes it out of storage?
    AMac we all understand that it is your decision but goodness young lady look at the voting so far and this is a strong bunch of trucks.

I support whatever your decision may be but I am pulling to see you ride it out and let the votes come where they may.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

I tend to agree with Amac as I also have mods in progress going on. Also the picture that was submitted for my ride is old and is missing a LOT of the mods that some other current pictures show including the brush guard removed, spikes on the flares, tinted windows, updated decals, well nevermind. Also to mention that we missed out on half of month. I was just assuming we would jump to September. But it is what it is.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

I know from inquiring about past selections that the pics that are usually chosen are selected in an attempt to present the trucks at roughly the same angles, if possible -- so that it's a kinda side-by-side type comparison. Deviations tend to be caused by someone not having a truck photo at a given angle, at which point the next closest angle is usually selected.

That's what murdog, said, anyway, when he was doing the selections ... and it seems like a sane approach.

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    I tend to agree with Amac as I also have mods in progress going on. Also the picture that was submitted for my ride is old and is missing a LOT of the mods that some other current pictures show including the brush guard removed, spikes on the flares, tinted windows, updated decals, well nevermind. Also to mention that we missed out on half of month. I was just assuming we would jump to September. But it is what it is.
    I have a couple of thoughts on this.

First, to compensate for having a shorter month, I did a mass email blast that sent a lot of traffic to the site and votes are coming in already. I anticipate that this will have just as many ... if not more votes than the average month.

Second, if Amac really wants to back out (and I gave her a day to think about it) then I will remove her from the poll and that gives you a 1/3 chance of winning, instead of 1/4.

Third, if you have another newer photo of your truck, please make a new album and upload it. I will swap out the photos and/or go ahead and link to your albums so people can do a one-click to see more photos.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I have a couple of thoughts on this.

First, to compensate for having a shorter month, I did a mass email blast that sent a lot of traffic to the site and votes are coming in already. I anticipate that this will have just as many ... if not more votes than the average month.

Second, if Amac really wants to back out (and I gave her a day to think about it) then I will remove her from the poll and that gives you a 1/3 chance of winning, instead of 1/4.

Third, if you have another newer photo of your truck, please make a new album and upload it. I will swap out the photos and/or go ahead and link to your albums so people can do a one-click to see more photos.
    Steve, I appreciate everything you do for the site and can understand that it can have exhausting tasks. I think a link to the ROTM nominees albums is a great Idea. I also think that if members are considered moderators some of the tasks the site requires should be delegated to the ones that can fullfill the needs of the site. Such as ROTM nominee choices, Having it up on-time for all fairness (Since there are only 12 a year), Moving misplaced threads to their proper place, ect. I am by no means complaining as I enjoy the site the way it is. Just giving some possible ideas to make it better. What would be wrong with the nominees choosing the picture they would like for the ROTM. Or some time to get a good picture in their album. After all it is a judged competition and if the only picture that is available is old or is covered in rain with windshield wipers on and is dirty certainly doesnt give the owner a chance to give his best presentation. Anyway I appreciate being one of the nominees this month and I hope that Amac will reconsider because I know shes gonna leave me in the dust. All the trucks that get a chance to be even nominated for the ROTM always have something about them that catches peoples eye. Thanks GMTC and good luck everyone!!!

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast