GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Another plea to replace captian's chairs with bench seat

Hello All,
    new to forum with a mission. Need to replace captain's chairs (middle) with 60/40 bench for kid safety reasons.
    I have a 2004, Yuk. XL, SLT with Beige/Tan interior and am in the Atlanta, GA area.
    Anyone interested in a swap or would anyone know (besides salvage yards -got that covered) of a good source to purchase one?
    Much appreciated.
    I apologize if this is answered here already. I have just found out i need to do this and am scrambling for a solution with very little time to research. I am told there is not a fit issue and that an '03-'06 will fit.
    Thoughts?
    Thanks, T

Jr. Apprentice

i got no help for you on the swap but what is the safety issue?
    Greg-Wisconsin
    2009 Suburban lt2

I am not sure how to help you with this.... a trade is a steal on captains chairs...... I priced replacing my captains driver seat and almost all the parts have been discontinued from the dealer, but they did price it out for me if the parts were available right at about $3000 for one captains chair and another $800 for the power seat adjuster under the chair.....

Their excuse was...... why buy the replacement parts, we just want you to spend another 30-60k on a new truck.....

If some one has the bench seat and wants the captains chairs upgrade they should not pass this up.

I would do it, but I don't have a suburban that I could trade you the bench seat for.

I know that you said that you have salvage yard covered. Check out http://www.schramauto.com , They sell good stuff at a fair price.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

@Pikey: Much appreciated. Believe it or not, they actually have that part. I actually got a call yesterday from a similar co that found one for me and is shipping it. Hopefully it is correct. total with Shipping was $400. I will want to inspect it for damage and structure but seemed fair. if not good, they will take back and i will check these guys out further. Thanks again for the referral!
    T
    Last edited by Tankm; 08-16-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Default What company?

Quote Originally Posted by Tankm View Post
    @Pikey: Much appreciated. Believe it or not, they actually have that part. I actually got a call yesterday from a similar co that found one for me and is shipping it. Hopefully it is correct. total with Shipping was $400. I will want to inspect it for damage and structure but seemed fair. if not good, they will take back and i will check these guys out further. Thanks again for the referral!
    T
    Tankm, What company did you get the bench seat from? Were you satisfied with the condition of the seat?

@nakranij, it is actually the middle seats I am replacing and so it is not as involved as front seats. I can imagine the costs of new seats would be high. I am getting a used one with hopes it is in "like" condition to the rest of the car.... Thanks for your thoughts on this!
    Last edited by Tankm; 08-16-2012 at 09:51 AM.

@gpeterson1968: Sorry I didn't elaborate on Safety. my wife needs to haul six kids (not all mine) occasionally and with Captain's chairs in the middle row and only a lap belt in the middle third row, we can safely only haul five passengers (kids). There are no three shoulder belt third seat replacements that will fit so my only alternative to buying a 2007 or newer Yukon XL was to consider replacing the captains in the middle with a bench. My research says that they are can be mounted in the existing brackets without any drilling or kits.

I wish you were closer to Las Vegas. I would love to make that trade. i have same color leather interior

i have a tan bench that is from a 2000 2500 xl i will trade they should match