GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default 10 MPG highway in a 2012 Denali???

My friend and I picked up her 2012 Sierra Denali 1500 on Monday. She called me yesterday complaining that her truck felt like it was skipping and said she was only averaging 10mpg on the highway... That can't be normal. Any suggestions?
    00 Chevy Tahoe LT, 5.3 4x4

Kady,

I would suggest taking her truck back to her dealer to have this issue diagnosed.

Evan, Chevrolet Customer Service

I'm bringing it in tomorrow morning.

Kady,

Let me know how everything goes at the dealership.

Evan, Chevrolet Customer Service

ya somthing deff sounds fishy with it good luck hope they can get it all worked out
    2004 gmc sierra ext z71 5.3
    PERFORMANCE...
    KB racing hot pipes 3.5" : 76mm turbo: 4l80e : Circle-d 2b multi disk :Walbro 400 : Racetronix Hotwire kit : TB coolant bypass : Nelson 91 Pcm : Tr 220 Cam : Brian Tooley double springs kit : Ls7 Lifters : Stage 3 heads : Custom Intake Manifold :80lb Injectors : Ported TB : 40k tranny cooler: Plx dm-100 gauge: Auto meter fuel and boost gauge:
    APPEARANCE...
    Custom Speedo : Leveling kit :Smoked led taillights and 3rd break light : Black projectors and fogs with hids : Blacked out grille : 33's on 16's : Clarion flip screen: sound que 12" subs: clerion 6x9's : Memhpis amps: Alpine componet set.
    Future mods... Detriot tru-trac, deviels own stage 2 meth kit, MORE BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I picked it up tonight, and brought it home to bring it to the dealership for her bright and early tomorrow morning. So, I was messing with things and was reading somethings and am wondering, do you have to manually reset the AVG FUEL ECONOMY Gauge? It stayed pretty consistent switching from back roads, heavier traffic roads and the highway..> I got in the truck it was 10.7, By the time I got home, it climbed .1 at a time, about every 10 minutes, until I got home and it was at 11.0. So I'm wondering if this just is an average mileage based on what the truck has consumed since being fuel up at first?.

Are these trucks available with the Fuel Management systems? I'm guess that's what she was talking about when it "Cuts out" because I noticed at cruising speeds, the RMPs would drop even though i was still in on the gas... I just wasn't sure if these trucks came with that or not since I'm not well versed on the newer models...

Another thing I noticed was that it kinda lags when first taking off from a start... Would that have to do with the electronic throttle control? It just seems like a delayed response... Actually, it seems like a lot of things are delayed. The back up camera when putting in reverse, the side view mirrors when putting in reverse.... There were two other things I noticed but can't remember now... Blahhh