GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Ideas?

Default Exhaust Ideas?

I'm putting exhaust on my truck but the only thing is...I don't know much about it. It's not really my specialty haha.
    It'll be going on my 2001 Silverado.
    So, I'm looking for something that's going to be loud, but I don't want it to be obnoxious. It's gotta sound good, though.
    If you have any suggestions, let me know please!! I would like brand, size, etc.
    Thank you so much
    My name is Lexi:)
    I have a 2001 Silverado
    for haulin' to rodeos to barrel race!
    Bigger and Faster is better!
    **TRUCK YEAHH!!**

Blog Entries

I have a flowmaster american thunder exhaust, it is single in and dual out. It sounds great. The flowmaster 40 series is what you want , it gets a little loud when you take off or go up a hill but it is pretty quiet after you get your speed up to cruizin mode around 60 mph. A AFE or K&N cold air intake also helps your sound.

I'll say a Flowmaster 44. Sounds really good inside and out but I don't like my truck being too loud so maybe my opinion doesn't count

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Banks Monster exhaust sounds good and is loud but mellow at cruising speeds. Also check out a thrush cherry bomb if you want loud, cheap and stocked at most parts stores. Check you tube too for ideas

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 4WD/Z71 Crew Cab Gray Green Metallic 6.0 Gas 6spd Auto 3.73 gears, HD locking rear differential. 18"Alum Wheels (Stock) Stock Michelin LTX AT-II Tires, Banks Monster Exhaust, Westin Platinum SS Oval Step Bars, EGR Window Deflectors, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Front and back Weathertech Digitech liners. Factory Remote Start with Onstar App on iPhone.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE Black 4WD 4.2 175,000 Miles all original drivetrain and runs like a champ and no rust or rot!

i have a vx muffler with dual exhaust 2.5"input and 3" output and it sounds real smooth. a lower pitch and sounds pretty loud too
    99 chevy 1500 silverado 4.8 vortec True 2.5' dual exhaust with 3' Silver vein tips and vx muffler, 2005 tail light swap, mb tko 16" matte black rims Upcoming mods:HID headlights, 2" leveling kit

what engine does your truck have? i have dual flowmaster 40s, 2 1/2 in/ 2 1/2 out, with long tube headers and it sounds pretty mellow at cruising speeds but has a nice rumble at low rpms and a nice growl while accelerating. my co-worker had a flowmaster (not sure which one) on his jeep cherokee and his rusted out in a little over 2 years though. on my 4wd (stock 350 with stock manifolds) ive got thrush glasspacks and they sound great for $20 mufflers and theyve held up decently. i dont know what kind of budget youre on but id suggest the flowmaster 40 or 44 series for a nice, affordable muffler. magnaflow and borla are supposed to be great mufflers and they sound amazing but theyre a little on the expensive side.

5.7L 350| .420 Cam | Bored 0.030 | Edelbrock intake manifold | 600 Cfm Edelbrock Carburetor | Long tube headers | Shift kit | Chrome dress up kit | Flowmaster 40's exhaust | Edelbrock heads | Custom paint
    SOLD

"Don't judge a book by its cover."

HONORARY CANUCK

I ordered a corsa exhaust and plant CAI and I'm installing both of them this weekend .. I'll let you know how they are supposinlgy they are both very good products and produce some good sound an hp gains

i have a flow master cat back dual on my 04 5.3L sounds great its 3" in and dual 2.5" out. i will say i would like a bit more volume on my 2012 i just got and im not really sure which way to go this time. but great sound without being obnoxious. the girlfriend always knew when i pulled up. but what ever you get make sure it comes in stainless.

You should check out corsa exhaust .. Bit more more expensive but sound is noticeable But in a good way

I'd say go to CherryBomb's website and listen to the sound recordings they have. They are good about giving advice on their Facebook page too and I think they have a tech line that can set you up with what you want and what fits your truck.

YouTube is good for vids recording exhausts on most any truck with most any muffler too.

Cherry Bomb has six muffler lines to fit different sound likes. The Vortex line should be what you want, thats the one on my wishlist for my Suburban...enough to make a statement when you pass someone, but you can still start up in a housing development and not freak anyone out.

http://www.cherrybomb.com/Catalog/Ca.../mufflers.aspx
    Rob
    1999 Suburban C1500 LS 5.7 K&N filter, VentVisors, debadged aka "LAAT/i...Larty"
    1994 C2500 454. Ex-Forest Service beastie. aka "Redneck"
    2006 Saturn Ion...the Wife's car.
    Empty spot that needs a Jeep...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast