GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Howdy! New member in DFW, TX.

Hello, GMTC!

My name is Clint and I am from Texas (and dang proud of it!). Born and raised in Houston but have been living in the DFW area for about 8 years now. I have a BS in Emergency Management and currently work as a dispatcher for a heavy equipment company that contracts exclusively with the railroad industry. We clean up train derailments!

I have been a Silverado owner for over 11 years now. I graduated high school in 2001 (I'll be 30 in just under a month!) and got a 2001 Silverado before going off to college. I still have it! It had 8 miles on it when I got it new from the dealership and it now has just under 144,000! My parents have always owned Fords and when it came time for them to get me a car, I knew I wanted a truck and had driven my dad's F-150 plenty. When I test drove the Silverado, I fell in love instantly. My truck has been good to me the past 11 years and I can say I am and will be a GM truck owner for life.

With my Silverado being 11 years old and having 143,000+ miles on it, I came in search of a community that could help me keep it running. I will probably hang on to it for possibly another 5 years. If it gives me any issues, I'll need a good place to find information and see if anyone else has had similiar troubles. GMTC looks like it might be the place!
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Welcome to the site, we've got a big group down here in DFW, what part are you at?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Currently in the Denton area. I lived in Arlington when I first moved to DFW in '04 and have also lived in Bedford.

Welcome to the Club Clint!! Theres a wealth of information here and you should get answers to any questions you have within the forum.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Here is my truck, btw. Albeit a 7 year-old pic but it doesn't look much different. Since the pick, I have replaced the whole front bumper, replaced the missing fog lamp, added a diamond-plate tool box and tinted the front windows. Along with the bug deflector and a Line-X bed linder, those are the only mods I have done to it.

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club, Clint!

Welcome to the Club, good to have ya here. You will def find the information to help ya.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!
    1999 GMC Suburban C1500

Welcome to the club Clint, it's good to have you with us.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

I gotta say dony, that is a good looking truck in your sig. I like that paint job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast