GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tahoe speakers.

I would save and do it. If money is the problem. A cheap good speaker Sony Xplod.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

I'm a high school student money is always a problem.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    I'm a high school student money is always a problem.
    Wal-Mart carries them, when I had no money and in school that is what I got. They are a good speaker for the money for sure. Go cut 2 lawn at $20 per lawn and done. If you have to cut 3 at $10 per just to make sure you get the job. Is 3-4 hrs of one day worth it?
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

I already do work like that when ever I can. I'm trying to start up my own business I work with one of my friends.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

This should give you an idea on different ones and prices
    http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_...506.m270.l1313
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Thanks for the link, to be honest the prices aren't to bad.

anytime......
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

They will be fine for your price range.. As for the Build Not that hard Take the Carpeted shield off the 4x10's carefull Don't pinch the roofliner. Take out the speaker and the holder. Cut out some Cardboard first to the opening of the factory Location then to where the 4x10's go to. Find the screw holes and make a mark and small hole. After find the wood you want to use and cut it to match the size. and mark the Screw holes. Then when you get your new speakers trace the Hole for the speaker that will mount to the wood, (Inner hole NOT the Whole speaker) Mount speaker to Wood and mount into truck.
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Will the old speaker cover fit back on or no? Also which speakers were the good ones for my price range since multiple links were posted.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

As long as it's not to deep and the tweeter not sticking out that much the old covers should fit fine.. As for speakers Any good 5 1/4 should be fine in there. You won't hear it much up front..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast