GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Need part number help

The guy that installed the intermediate shaft on my truck messed up the clock spring. 4 weeks later I have a service air bag light. I need to get a new clock spring but the dealer wants $575. If I can get the GM part number then I hope I can find it cheaper. The dealer would not give me the number. I know that I have to get a certain one because I have steering wheel controls for the radio and DIC. If any one that works in a parts department can help my out I would really appreciate it. My vin is 1GKFK16Z25J115561. thanks

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Sr. Engineer

26088118 gm part#
    RESIDENT NUT.....MY CLAIM TO FAME .....

Quote Originally Posted by dipstick View Post
    26088118 gm part#
    Sweet! Thank you very much!

After checking that number I discovered that the number a SIR coil on a truck without steering wheel controls. My dad is a GM employee and called the parts warehouse with my vin #. They gave me 26101829 as the part I need.

The dealer was charging $579 for the part. I was able to have my dad get it for me thru the GM employee parts warehouse program for $329. What a ridiculous mark up the dealers are doing. No wonder no one will buy parts from them unless they have to.