GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default 2002 chevy silverado stuck in 4 low

hey whats up i have a 2002 chevy silverado stuck in 4 low, i can hear the transfer case shift and the buttons on dash work, the differential it out, but when i drive i can tell its in 4 low and shifts hard or doesnt shift at all just revs and after a minute of driving it will shift, also sometimes when driving down the road it will switch from 4low to 2 hi on dash switch and i hear a nasty grind but its still in 4 low. i shut off truck and turn it on and switch button to 4 high. i havent been driving it alot just down the street going 10- 15 mph.. this is my first truck so help if its better txt or call me 2103241781 thanks

I had my truck get stuck in 4 Hi. It was a speed sensor on the transmission that was disconnected some how. Perhaps your speed sensor is faulty?

How much is it to replace?

also my speed obdometer works so how can it be that? and no codes are popping up

They are two independent systems the speed sensor on the tranny determines when to shift there is a speed sensor attached to the front wheel that controls the speedometer. At least this is what I am told about my truck.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door