GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar story here. I needed to replace one of the fog lamps on my truck and the dealership wanted $80 for one. I shopped on-line and found a brand new pair for $75. Needles to say, I went for the pair at $75 and replaced both lamps for half of what the dealership wanted for one.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

I too have never been one to run to the dealer for anything. I do most everything on my truck myself anyway. I have to say that what I have read here is pretty common across the country and I understand peoples frustration with dealerships. I am one of the lucky ones I guess, my local Chevy dealer gives me wholesale price on parts and employee prices on services and they have never charged me a penny more than they quoted. Further more there have been a couple of times that the price was actually lower when I went to pick up my truck from what they quoted. Front end alignment they quoted $59.00 and when I picked it up they charged me $49.00 and all the local shops wanted $89.00 - $129.00 for the alignment because of the "oversize wheels". I bought the wheels "GM 20s" through the dealer and they are 2011 Silverado wheels and they did not give me any of that oversize wheel crap. Also, the wheels and tires I bought through the dealer were a little less than the aftermarket ones I was looking at before and I liked the Silverado wheels much better too. Anyway, I have had a good relationship with my local dealership for years and I am very happy with them. You know what they say, there are exceptions to every rule. I wish more of you "my friends" had better experiences with your local dealers because I have found that the parts are much better quality.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12