GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

You have replaced the coil right? What about the coil control module?

Mud Truck
    1984 Chevy K5 Blazer
    -454 Edelbrock V8
    -33" BFG Mud Tires

Daily Driver
    2006 Chevy Silverado K1500 LT Z71 - 5.3 V8
    -Bull Bar
    -Step Bars
    -Flowmaster 40 with dual tailpipes
    -Smoked Tails

I have heard of O2 sensors causing poor performance and not throwing a code. You said that the pipe was black and sooty, I wonder if the sensor is so dirty that it is not giving an accurate reading.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

dumb thought, maybe a rear brake dragging? had that happen on a car once, felt like i was low on power, engine was fine, rear brake got stuck on a little.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I have heard of O2 sensors causing poor performance and not throwing a code. You said that the pipe was black and sooty, I wonder if the sensor is so dirty that it is not giving an accurate reading.
    I unplugged it and it didn't make any difference... Still... Could be. Maybe I need to replace it anyway.

Brakes are working great. No dragging at all.

thanks for the ideas, guys!
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Quote Originally Posted by moogvo View Post
    I unplugged it and it didn't make any difference... Still... Could be. Maybe I need to replace it anyway.

Brakes are working great. No dragging at all.

thanks for the ideas, guys!
    PM me the part number of your 02 sensor. I may have a new one laying around, If I do I will send it to you for the cost of shipping.

Thanks Pikey. According to Rock Auto, the part number is 1791016 According to O'Reilly's Auto Parts, the part number is AFS76 (AC Delco)

The one shown on O'Reilly's site looks closer to being correct. Rock Auto may have a different "stock" photo

Quote Originally Posted by moogvo View Post
    Thanks Pikey. According to Rock Auto, the part number is 1791016 According to O'Reilly's Auto Parts, the part number is AFS76 (AC Delco)

The one shown on O'Reilly's site looks closer to being correct. Rock Auto may have a different "stock" photo
    I looked and I only have AFS75, AFS105, and AFS106. Sorry. I will check my dad's stock next time I am down at his place

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I looked and I only have AFS75, AFS105, and AFS106. Sorry. I will check my dad's stock next time I am down at his place
    that's probably because mine is a V6... Maybe not. Thanks for taking a look... It has to be either the O2 sensor, a weak injector or the computer... there is nothing left!

do you know anyone that has a truck like yours? you could steal the computor off that truck just to see if it fixes your problem

Unfortunately, my truck is pretty rare in that it is a V6 5 speed... Only 8% of them were made that way... All the other ones are v8s.

I hooked the timing light to the coil wire today and noticed an intermittent miss. Otherwise, the spark is strong. I am not sure if the timing light is not fast enough to keep up or if there is in fact a skip present at idle. The engine runs fine at idle and when I spin the engine up to about 3000rpm. It accelerates great in first and second gears. Only after shifting into third and fourth gears does the problem show up. It is definitely worse with the air conditioning on.