GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yup running Vortec 350 with the 4L60e its a great comb tons of on demand power and smart shifting for an older tranny.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Btw you may have some luck with gmdirect because you just have to enter in you vin and then you find the parts tailored to your truck.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Jr. Apprentice

My first truck was an 89 Sierra with the 5.7 350. I never had an issue for the 7 years I drove it. Being a kid when I got it, I had no real appreciation for it at the time. Having owned several Chevy trucks since, I can look back on that engine and realize I had a pretty thing going! I miss that truck, and that motor.

Yah my Tahoe is my first vehicle and I have no intentions of getting rid of it. So it gets bad gas mileage its so powerful and easy to maintain. Also there's no newer car that enthralls me like my truck. I've driven hybrids they are so sappy. Driven the brand new suburban it was a nice truck but has coil springs. I just love my truck its reliable and tough and built to last. I may one day buy another car or truck but I'll keep the old Tahoe because I have a unique bond with it. I brought it back to life after months of neglect by the old owner.

I hear ya. It's good that you put life back into it. Some people would just junk a vehicle when it starts to need some serious work (like engine overhauls, transmission work, etc.). It's become a throw away world. But that's what makes the ones who do put effort into restoration of automobiles special. That's actually a career I am considering. There's something very special about bringing back life to a vehicle someone has forgotten or given up on. Which brings up another point: most people don't care HOW something works as long as it works. It all comes down to how much effort an individual is willing to put into something. I agree with you, Chevy trucks are some tough trucks, as long as they are maintained by the owner.

Also, thanks to everyone else for their input! Seems like most who have replied like the 350/5.7 Liter. May it have a long life...

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    Btw you may have some luck with gmdirect because you just have to enter in you vin and then you find the parts tailored to your truck.
    I'll keep this in mind btw. Thanks!! I would have replied earlier to this, but for some reason had some issues loading this thread. And a 350 mated to a 4L60E is a good combination. Unless I am mistaken, that's what my dad has in his 2002 Silverado.

Last silverado model year with a stock 350 was 1998. Last for Tahoe was 2000. Yah luckily I haven't had any engine problems its just everything else like electrical and fluids. But Yah I wanna bring the Tahoe back to as if it just came off the floor in Wisconsin. Factory numbers and everything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12