GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Headers

Default Headers

I'm looking to install some headers. I only wanna spend around 350-400 bucks. I want the nest bang for my buck, I was thinking about doing some custom one cause a friend of mine is an amazing welder, but one question on that is how to make them work lol. But back to buying a set lol. I have a 5.3L V8 so what size primaries should I get, I know I want to go to 3" and have it 3" all the way back. Can you guys give me some advice about what you guys have on your vehicles.
    Please and thanks!!
    -Chad
    '07 Chevy Silverado Classic

PERFORMANCE
    -K&N Intake
    -Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer
    -Thrush Muffler
    -Bully Dog Triple GT Programmer
    5.3L V8
    LOOKS
    -3" Spindle Lift
    -Tint
    -Blacked Out Rims
    -Blacked Out Taillights
    SOUND
    -2 Kicker CVT 12s
    -Rockford Fosgate 6.5"
    -500 Alpine Mono Block
    -Pioneer 6.5" Touch Screen
    -2 Boss Tweeters
    SOON!
    -3.73 gears

Sr. Mechanic

Pacesetter long-tubes are great and are pretty cheap. A lot guys on here have them. Check out autoanything.com

pace setters are cheap but I heard they suck and arent worth the money, like its better to just get a better pair for more money.
    has anyone heard of BBK? are they good?

I used to have dynotech, they didn't do much in terms of power mainly because I didn't have a tune with them. Sold them to a friend But I'm going to try the ceramic pacesetters When I put in a cam and port the heads and throttle body. I'm thinking they will have good scavenging abilities. Also a custom tune will help get all the power out of them.
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Blog Entries

If you're wanting to go cheap, pacesetters are probably going to be your best bet. As far as them not being all that great, they'll give you performance numbers, but definitely not quality. They begin to rust fairly quickly depending on what season you're in and the location in which you'll be driving. If I were you I would just save up the money and buy a quality product like Kooks, you will NEVER go wrong with Kooks LT's. I had them on my GTO and I'll never own a different brand.

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, there is no need to embarrass him."

2012 Silverado 1500 Texas Edition 4x4 LT skid plate, 5000k 55W low beams with DRL fuse removed, 5000k 35W fog lamps.

Leveling kit and tires coming soon.

Leaving for boot camp at MCRDSD 20121008.

BBK is very good. They started their company w/performance mods for the Mustang, and have since expanded their product line. Their quality if first rate.
    Mike - 1998 GMC Suburban 1500 5.7 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Ridyn View Post
    If you're wanting to go cheap, pacesetters are probably going to be your best bet. As far as them not being all that great, they'll give you performance numbers, but definitely not quality. They begin to rust fairly quickly depending on what season you're in and the location in which you'll be driving. If I were you I would just save up the money and buy a quality product like Kooks, you will NEVER go wrong with Kooks LT's. I had them on my GTO and I'll never own a different brand.
    Thank you for the recommendation. We try to make the best product on the market. As far as the headers for the OP I would recommend buying a set of Kooks part # 67-52-175 these are 1 3/4 X 3 stainless steel long tube headers. Ask around it is better to spend a little more and not have problems a year or two down the road.
    Joseph Williamson
    Kook's Custom Headers

Email - jwilliamson@kookscustomheaders.com